RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bengals got stomped upfront… it wasn’t the Rams CB’s…. Like not at all.

Let's use a more relevant example then: How did Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson do against the Chiefs' WRs in the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And CBs are your Missile Defense Systems like Thaads and Patriots in this analogy Sooooo

I disagree, every rule benefits the offense in the NFL. I’ll still load up on nukes that can’t be stopped over unproven missile defense systems. This feels like a pick that Dick Jauron, Lovie Smith or the ***** Bears FO makes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3

OK, high end physically (speed, size, etc.) with one of the highest grades at his position against the best teams in college football. Sounds like he’s dedicated to improving and looks to Tre as an example. Now add in:

• great scheme in Buffalo for his position 
  • great coaches on the team for his position
  • teamed up with one of the best CBs in the league and the best safety duo in the league
  • Has Von Miller as an example of how to be a pro
  • gets to practice against one of the best QBs and best receiving corps every day in camp

That looks like a recipe for success to me!

I think I’ll be pretty surprised if this kid isn’t a great starter in Buffalo for years to come.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I mean... I wasn't remotely expecting Elam to be the pick, but I know ***** about college football. This just proves to me all my podcasting pre-draft was pretty meaningless.

I think this is one of those typical Beane "traits" guys. Seems like a guy who has all the physical tools in the world but just needs some refining.

Well hey... everyone hating the pick might just consider we just drafted a 4th piece of our secondary--a physical specimen who you can't even say is raw, just needs some tweaking--who is playing with 3 veteran all pro secondary players and is being coached by 2 former DBs in Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier.

I think this makes sense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah I mean Diggs is gone - oops nope. 

Well Gabe Davis is gone - oh no.

Well we don’t have a slot - oh McKenzie was a 2 year deal.  

Yeah your right no Skill players left and unfortunately we are passed the draft - oh you mean there are still 6 more picks - wow.

JC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  

McKenzie won't be the default slot. He'll be fighting for it with Crowder who's numbers are better than Beasely's prior to playing with Allen. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah I mean Diggs is gone - oops nope. 

Well Gabe Davis is gone - oh no.

Well we don’t have a slot - oh McKenzie was a 2 year deal.  

Yeah your right no Skill players left and unfortunately we are passed the draft - oh you mean there are still 6 more picks - wow.

JC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  

Do you want me to go over this again? They have a starting guard on a 1 year contract…they have a starting receiver on a 1 year contract…they have no rb under contract after this year…they have no TE under contract after this year…🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

True…. Still, anyone who’s been paying close attention to this regime knew the pick would be defense and CB was the most obvious choice. 

Sure, but pointing to McD's purported advanced ability to pick CBs and seeing that lineup of draftees doesn't make much sense.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thank you!!!

God forbid we roll with the receivers we got and Diggs or the inconsistent Davis are hurt come playoff time…. Jake ***** Kumerow time. 🤮

Can play this game the other way too : "God forbid we roll with the corners we got and White or Jackson is hurt come playoff time...Siran *****in Neal time!

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wasn't really the point of the post.  More pointing out the obvious struggles this team has had drafting a starting CB since Tre 5 years ago.

But..Dallas was probably only looking at O-line at 24, based on what was left of 1st round quality picks.  There was plenty of time for a team behind the Bills to trade into 24.  No one called the Cowboys.

But you said he was a reach, whether it was the main point or not.  Those were your words.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wasn't really the point of the post.  More pointing out the obvious struggles this team has had drafting a starting CB since Tre 5 years ago.

But..Dallas was probably only looking at O-line at 24, based on what was left of 1st round quality picks.  There was plenty of time for a team behind the Bills to trade into 24.  No one called the Cowboys.

You don’t know that…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.