RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would love for anyone to try to explain why it's a BAD THING that the Bills -- in desperate need of a corner -- took the kid who allowed the second lowest passer rating in the FBS the past 3 years.

but...but...but we gave up a 4th on a stacked roster

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Let's use a different example then. How did Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson do against the Chiefs' receivers in the playoffs?

If I’m being completely honest(and I’m OKAY with tonight’s pick), I don’t think anyone shy of sanders and Revis was stopping either of those qb’s in arrowhead that night. 

IMO defense is a great regular season tool for seeding. But come playoff time the top qb’s are cheat codes and almost defense-proof. I would much rather stock Allen’s cabinets and field the same ole top 5-10 style McDermott defense. 

But I’ve already talked myself Into the pick. So whatever. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I would love for anyone to try to explain why it's a BAD THING that the Bills -- in desperate need of a corner -- took the kid who allowed the second lowest passer rating in the FBS the past 3 years.

Cuz they gave up a guy that had about a 25% chance of even making this team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We traded up for him, 1 pick away and Booth and Gordon on the board. LOL.  That happened..

and now the jets gets Johnson.  Jets killed it.  Luckily we have 17

I'd have assumed you'd have been thrilled because his arms aren't under 30". He was the guy they liked. He has the speed neither has. A lot of people *ahem* said something similar when we drafted Josh Allen. Reports are Dallas liked Elam. Even if they weren't going to take him, if he was their guy above all others, why risk the possibility of someone possibly trading in front of us in Dallas' slot to take him with teams knowing we needed CB? Relax.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Thank you!!!

God forbid we roll with the receivers we got and Diggs or the inconsistent Davis are hurt come playoff time…. Jake ***** Kumerow time. 🤮

Dude this is one of the deepest receiver drafts in a long time. We can get one in the second. 

We weren't rolling out Dane Jackson again as CB2. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Thank you!!!

God forbid we role with the receivers we got and Diggs or the inconsistent Davis are hurt come playoff time…. Jake ***** Kumerow time. 🤮

I get it. I really do… but let’s see how day 2 goes….

top ten wr’s in receptions last year we’re on average a 3rd round pick. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Thank you!!!

God forbid we roll with the receivers we got and Diggs or the inconsistent Davis are hurt come playoff time…. Jake ***** Kumerow time. 🤮

Did you not see the run on WR? Any WR left would be a much bigger reach than Elam.  You could easily trade up and get somebody in 2nd-3rd if you're that worried about it.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

yeah, he wasn't a reach

Wasn't really the point of the post.  More pointing out the obvious struggles this team has had drafting a starting CB since Tre 5 years ago.

But..Dallas was probably only looking at O-line at 24, based on what was left of 1st round quality picks.  There was plenty of time for a team behind the Bills to trade into 24.  No one called the Cowboys.

30 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man hopefully Josh gets some help in round 2 or 3 cause after this season we are really thin at the skill positions 

Yeah I mean Diggs is gone - oops nope. 

Well Gabe Davis is gone - oh no.

Well we don’t have a slot - oh McKenzie was a 2 year deal.  

Yeah your right no Skill players left and unfortunately we are passed the draft - oh you mean there are still 6 more picks - wow.

JC 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You don’t know who might have chosen to move up to 23 to take him or move w Dallas to get him.  It’s not about the next team it’s about ALL the others.

Exactly, we have no idea who else was calling the cowboys. Beane is a professional and it's not his first draft, he didn't just panic and jump the cowboys. He did what he did for a reason we will probably never find out about

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.