RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

KC’s back up WR are Josh Gordon, Justin Watson and Cornell Powell.  Are you kidding me?  Those 3 had a total of 12 catches last year.   

You just get your panties in a wad everything McDermott.  Grow up my god.

I guess you missed my point about have an elite TE to pair with their post-Hill WR group.  And I'll trust Andy Reid to staff an offense before McD.  If they thought Hill was expendable, then JuJu, Hardman, and Valdes-Scantling should be more than sufficient.  But you left those 3 out of your post.  Not surprised. 

McD is going defense heavy from the line to the secondary almost every off-season.  Other emerging AFC contenders are loading up on offense and improving/maintaining their pass rush.  

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Because the team you jumped had no need for that position you could have waited three minutes and still have your 4th round pick seems pretty clear to me

So how could you be certain that another team didnt trade up with Dallas.  Bottom line is he was sold on this player and didnt want to lose him.  He valued the player over potentially losing him over a 4th rd pick.

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The NFL is now like an arms race, whoever has the most nukes wins. Your WR’s are your nukes, CB’s Iin the playoffs even the good ones couldn’t stop sheet. We definitely dropped the ball on Skyy Moore. 

And CBs are your Missile Defense Systems like Thaads and Patriots in this analogy Sooooo

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Why didn't he go there in that case?

Ya that's what I'm asking.

some people projected him at 4 up to this draft.

Ok character issues.

But DJ and most people had him as a top 10 player and at a premium position.

DJ obviously knows more than me and everyone on this board.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

So just want to point one thing out

Beane seems to like to do these "1 year deals" when it comes to vets.  Do you really believe we wont have a TE under a long term contract next year.....a offensive guard?

Corner is a premium position.....our start corner is coming back from a  major injury.   We still have some picks left.

Beane is using the Aaron Rogers Green Bay model with Josh not so sure it’s the best idea. If they don’t win a Super Bowl in the next 3 years it wasn’t but if they do it was. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's the smart move.  Still haven't erased images of Tyreek Hill scorching the Bills secondary and Jordan Poyer gasping for breath for the past two years.  The Bills WILL need solid CB play if they want to reach the AFC Championship Game again and perhaps beyond.  Hope the kid can play.  

18 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s interesting Beane didn’t have a first round grade on Jermaine Johnson, Booth, or Lloyd. I’m also surprised he’d admit that. Let’s hope his grading system proves correct this time, some of his early picks in years past have left a lot to be desired.

Which picks?

getting a 1st rounder that has a 1st round grade is more important than a 4th shot in the dark  Be different if the roster had holes everywhere  Look at the history in the 4th round by the Bills  Gabe Davis and Andre Reed are anomalies  More likely we get another Marcus Easley or Mark Pike  Hope they move up tomorrow if they see a player they think can come in compete day 1  No more long term projects till late in the draft

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Because the team you jumped had no need for that position you could have waited three minutes and still have your 4th round pick seems pretty clear to me

Do you know no other team was trying to move to 23 or 24 for a CB?

Seems to be a trade bonanza going on tonight.

Edited by RocCityRoller

4 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

He's not worried about Dallas, he's worried about the other team looking to trade up to Dallas' pick to get the last blue chip corner in the draft when teh Bills desperately needed one.

The 4th rounder may have served a better purpose than it would have as a pick on this roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Pick is fine, necessary. Albeit anti-climactic. 

But why in the world toss away a 4th?! Awful. Thought it was gonna be Jermaine Johnson.

Why do we need a linebacker who can’t rush the Qb when we don’t have a CB2 and our CB1 is injured?

12 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

For people saying they don’t mind trading a 4th…..what? Why just give away any pick? You could have used that 4th to move up in the second round, there was no way that Dallas was going corner. Bean just got nervous and ***** up. I like Elam but that just made zero sense

Why hold a pick to move up in the second round for lesser talents and not move up in the first for better talent. That post makes Zero Sense. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The cowboys had zero interest in corner we burned a pick for a guy they could have had at 25 anyway just dumb 

You don’t know who might have chosen to move up to 23 to take him or move w Dallas to get him.  It’s not about the next team it’s about ALL the others.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.