RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

4 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Still makes zero sense to throw away a pick no matter how you try to rationalize it 

Just because it doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, bahamasbills said:

How it is zero sense to secure a player at need that you would love to have on your team.  You are basically saying am I willing to lose this player over a 4th?  Beane knew he needed this player and made it happen.  Its pretty simple.

Because the team you jumped had no need for that position you could have waited three minutes and still have your 4th round pick seems pretty clear to me

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would not have traded up for him but one thing I know for sure is that if we took him it's because his football character is pristine. I said before the draft I will NEVER doubt the Bills when they pick a CB as long as McDermott is in charge.

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t love it but I’m not going to second-guess McDermott on a CB…I do not understand the trade up though.

38 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I really wanted Andrew Booth Jr, had a great feeling about him. I’ll trust McDermott knows CB’s better than me, though, it’s kind of his thing.

yet Siran Neal, Taran Johnson, Jaquon Johnson, Dane Jackson and Rachad Wildgoose are why the Bills just traded up in a reach for this kid in the 1st.....

• Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1

My adjusted draft philosophy:

BPA and Trading Back are for rebuilds. For loaded contenders (like the Bills), spend as many later round draft picks required to move up and get three guys to fill out our team. Camp fodder, competition, whatever…they can all be found on the waver wire just as easily as in the later rounds (probably better players, too). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Because the team you jumped had no need for that position you could have waited three minutes and still have your 4th round pick seems pretty clear to me

Dallas may have taken him. Also several other teams tied to him who may have been trying to move up

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People need to let the trade of the 4th pick go...geezus, they went and got their guy.  They know CB"s, so just be excited for the pick.  Who cares about the 4th if it got us another shut down corner to play opposite Tre for the next 4 to 5 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.