RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

2 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Still makes zero sense to throw away a puck no matter how you try to rationalize it 

For a super bowl contender it does make sense no matter how you try to rationalize it. No guarantees 4th rd pick even makes team.

Edited by billieve420

4 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

For people saying they don’t mind trading a 4th…..what? Why just give away any pick? You could have used that 4th to move up in the second round, there was no way that Dallas was going corner. Bean just got nervous and ***** up. I like Elam but that just made zero sense

Dallas was and they also could have traded back if they really wanted a OT

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Honestly I saw Ramsey get punked during that game. ESPECIALLY on the final play. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Let's use a different example then. How did Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson do against the Chiefs' receivers in the playoffs?

I LOVE THE PICK!  I thought they would go Booth over him, but this kid was unreal before he got hurt.  

We needed this, and if Beane traded up I am assuming he felt so strongly about him he didnt want to risk someone else moving ahead of us to take him given we CB was a pretty obvious choice for us at 25.  I don't care about the fourth as long as they got the guy they coveted.  

Now gonna be interesting to see what we do in the 2nd, wouldn't surprise me to see us trade up again at some point in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm seriously surprised to see the disdain on this board with this pick.  Elam is going to be great opposite Tre.  He has a speed element that the secondary is seriously lacking and he has great measurements.  When we're playing guys like Hill, Waddle, and now Jameson Williams multiple times a year we're going to need this kind of speedy man element to ensure we don't get killed in YAC. 

This is a great piece to make our defense that much more dominant. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Still makes zero sense to throw away a pick no matter how you try to rationalize it 

How it is zero sense to secure a player at need that you would love to have on your team.  You are basically saying am I willing to lose this player over a 4th?  Beane knew he needed this player and made it happen.  Its pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.