RD 1, Pick 23: CB Kaiir Elam, Florida

SDS

I'm not a gator fan but I am a huge Elam fan.  I predict that he will end up being the best CB in this draft class.  He has it all, size, speed, athletic ability and smarts. Now if we can land Breece Hall and Punter, Matt Araisa then I'll hit the trifecta.  Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Beane wanted to get faster on defense offense.

Somehow premium resources tend to shade toward the defense.  

At this rate, I think McD won't be satisfied until all the defensive is 1st rounders/high dollar UFAs. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Capco said:

I think they saw the run on DBs and got antsy.

I like the selection tho.

It does feel like a panic trade. Obviously they had him rated much higher than Gordon and perhaps Booth was off their board for medical.

Would’ve preferred Elam after a trade..down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

The cowboys had zero interest in corner we burned a pick for a guy they could have had at 25 anyway just dumb 

It's possible another team was trying to trade into the same spot, or would have traded with Cowboys to scoop us. There certainly have been a lot of trades tonight...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would not have traded up for him but one thing I know for sure is that if we took him it's because his football character is pristine. I said before the draft I will NEVER doubt the Bills when they pick a CB as long as McDermott is in charge.

Yeah, the trade-up was weird.  

8 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Wow! I figured the Bills would draft a CB but surprised they traded up for one. Dallas wasn’t taking a CB but maybe Beane got word of another team trading up. 

That was my thought, we believed someone else would trade up with Dallas?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.