AJ Brown traded to Eagles

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this is a total joke. 

I suspect we are going to see the WR market crash the same way we saw the RB crash a few years ago. 

Yep, absolutely insane when they touch the ball less than 10x a game.  Even crazier when you don’t have a QB.  The Eagles are a horribly run team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Cap space is an issue. Can’t pay him and Diggs 30 mil.

Even with 1 big year, itll be tough for Davis to command 30 million. You have Bills goggles on. Not saying he's not good, just that your hope for him to be a top WR doesn't equate to that type of pay day.

Capture.PNG

• Agree 1

Love the player but you honestly might see him fade. Philly is such a weird team with so many mouths on offense that put up below average numbers. And they've burned through so many WR picks the last few years - Reagor's a bust, Arcega-Whiteside is trying to be a TE now, we'll see about DeVonta Smith still. They either can't develop or just have terrible luck. Be he struggles for 800 yards. 

Does anyone know what Tennessee's cap situation is?  It sounds like they couldn't afford to pay Brown so they made the best deal they could.

As of a couple of years ago, Brown was the kind of WR all the teams wanted.  Big body, fairly fast, good hands, good routes.  A prototypical 2018 franchise receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Even with 1 big year, itll be tough for Davis to command 30 million. You have Bills goggles on. Not saying he's not good, just that your hope for him to be a top WR doesn't equate to that type of pay day.

Capture.PNG

Bills goggles would have him stay forever at Vet minimum.  

Otherwise spot on.  
Gabe is not THE # 1 WR.

this is not a nock on Gabe but he may never be a #1.  

He’s just an awesome weapon on the offense.  

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this is a total joke. 

I suspect we are going to see the WR market crash the same way we saw the RB crash a few years ago. 

you might be onto something here, but i don't think it is like the rb market, but more like the OT/LT market.  remember how for a few years after the blind side came out some real reach LTs were picked like top 5 consistently?  they were such "safe" picks that everyone took em, paid huge contracts, and let them walk or even cut them shortly after

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Yep, absolutely insane when they touch the ball less than 10x a game.  Even crazier when you don’t have a QB.  The Eagles are a horribly run team.

The Eagles did for Jalen Hurts what the Bills did for Josh Allen: got him a real WR1.   How is that "horrible"? 

• Agree 1

Just now, SoTier said:

The Eagles did for Jalen Hurts what the Bills did for Josh Allen: got him a real WR1.   How is that "horrible"? 

Actually, I think DeVonta Smith was already a true #1 in the making. Smith and Brown will be one of the better duos in the NFL. Their OL was already solid, they have a decent RB group, and Goedert is a quality TE. The Eagles are trying to move up on the Cowboys in that division. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Actually, I think DeVonta Smith was already a true #1 in the making. Smith and Brown will be one of the better duos in the NFL. Their OL was already solid, they have a decent RB group, and Goedert is a quality TE. The Eagles are trying to move up on the Cowboys in that division. 

Well, now they have a bonafide #1 and maybe a #1A.  My point is that they wanted to give their young QB every opportunity to prove himself and not be hampered by a poor supporting cast.  That's exactly what a well run team does. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.