NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

2 minutes ago, Process said:

They deserve it, they killed it!

I think they’ve had a good draft, but every year the “best” player at a position in the draft doesn’t turn out to be the one believed to be best on draft day.

A claim that the Jets got the best WR, best CB, and best LB in the draft seems highly uncertain and therefore unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CaliBills said:

Unless Zach Wilson becomes a star, its all for nothing

We all know it is a QB driven league.  

I agree to an extent. But that changes a bit when it’s in your division. When the Chargers or Jags get better it doesn’t matter because we play them every few years.

Just now, Mopreme said:

Bs. Jermane Johnson was a round 1 player for them? 

Explanation doesn’t make much sense. If he’s only taking a corner then it does. He may have nailed the pick but being locked into a position took a bunch of good players off the board. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Not sure what happened with Jermaine Johnson, or why Beane apparently didn’t have a 1st RD grade on him, but the Jets - on paper - look to have had a great RD1 with 3 potential impact players. 

I’m not sure it’s deserving of the heaps of praise upon them. When you pick twice in the top 10 you should get impact players. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Sucks. Just seems so telegraphed by us. We never made a play at a CB in free agency and showed our hand for the draft. Such a strong chance we were taking CB and everyone knew it. It was blatant.

I can only imagine that KC was jumping us. 

Hopefully Beane was right with this kid. 

If THIS is litterally the biggest complaint you have about buffalo bills football these days then is this really worth complaining about? SuperBowl contenders bc of the GM, but heaven forbid we use the draft as intended to fill a need... you are right.... total clown show...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.