NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

Just now, DasNootz said:

I’m guessing Baltimore had someone else on the line as leverage and Buffalo had reason to believe TeamX was taking him. 

Or they played the old ring Buffalo and say "look we like a corner... if we make this pick that is what we are taking.... but if you want to come up for a 4th round pick...."

Just now, Lost said:

I mean Gabe Davis was a 4th round pick at 128.    That's potentially what we just gave up.

I mean, Deion Sanders was a 1st round pick. That’s potentially who we just drafted.

Am I doing this right?

I bet you were pissed when we traded up for Allen, huh?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ok for the unlikely chance they didn't get him, there's Booth, Kyler Gordon available?

If they liked those guys as much as Elam they wouldn't have traded up. So they must have been pretty convinced that Elam was the best choice and didn't want to lose him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, RyanC883 said:

fair point.   but I think Booth is better or just as good so no reason to jump dallas.  Elam does not scream stud.  

Booth’s medicals may be poor. Beane gets antsy, it’s maybe a weakness of him but Elam will be much better in McD’s zone scheme then what he was playing in college

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.