NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

Just now, Bag of Milk said:

I don't think he panicked.

Last year Bills were going to take Eric Stokes with their first round pick and the Packers traded one spot ahead of them and grabbed Stokes.

Beane did not want history to repeat itself.

Im good with elam i just thought booth was the guy. Medicals must be bad. Beane will probably spend all night thinking how hes going to get that 4th back lol

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No there are some disturbing rumours about his links off the field. Not seen anything to substantiate them but if they are true.... oh man

Yikes, I thought you were just joking. I hope he doesn't end up with a Netflix documentary as well. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

Who knows but I'm not sure if pick 120 is so precious we have to keep it ahead of ensuring we get the player we want in position of need.

Just now, BadboyBills said:

The chiefs did and took Mcduffie. Elam wasn't a fit with other teams and the value was on Johnson and Lloyd.

Correct.  McDuffie was the other CB the Bills had with a 1st round grade.  And how do you know Elam didn't fit any team?  He can play zone or man, press, etc.  

3 minutes ago, BadboyBills said:

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

I like how we talk about value based on talking heads projections of players.  It's meaningless until these guys get on the field.  I like Elam's physical traits and I trust in McDermott's and Frazier's abilities to coach him into our next lockdown corner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Bill pulled a……Bill. Thank God he thinks he’s God. Getting a real GM there would scare me. But he will retire soon enough. The man can coach, he just can’t reign in his ego. 

So you're saying it was a Strange pick...

Edited by ExWNYer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.