NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Both from Georgia too. Hope it works out like Nelson and Ruud for them.

Our very own 'Nightmares from Nebraska'. Thanks for that not so pleasant memory...I just threw up in my mouth a little.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

It was obvious cowboys weren't taking a corner. Also, look at the players that fell, Lloyd and Johnson. We panicked, plain and simple. Happy with Elam, trade up was not necessary.

But someone could have traded up for a CB.  Beane was watching all the trades going on and actually thought they might have to trade back because their guy wouldn't be there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The Patriots traded away their best OL for nothing. They replaced him with a soon to be 24 year old 3rd round talent in the 1st round. That might be the worst pick I've seen in the last decade.

You must not have read anything in the Kaiir Elam thread yet. :lol: Beane and McDermott just destroyed our SB chances by taking him instead of Breece Hall or Christian Watson. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hang on Bill Belichick did a John Schneider..... let me just scroll down my board..... might be a while!

Bill pulled a……Bill. Thank God he thinks he’s God. Getting a real GM there would scare me. But he will retire soon enough. The man can coach, he just can’t reign in his ego. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Love what the Jets have done with their 3 picks. 

Conversely, I’d be heated if the Bills did what the Chiefs did with 2 RD1 picks.  Don’t care much for either guys. 

Same. I do not think KC have had a good night. McDuffie scheme wise better fit for them than us, that is probably fair, but I still think he is kinda low ceiling. Karlaftis... meh. He isn't going to be an elite NFL pass rusher. 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

You must not have read anything in the Kaiir Elam thread yet. :lol: Beane and McDermott just destroyed our SB chances by taking him instead of Breece Hall or Christian Watson. 

I'm heading over to that thread right now.  LOL, thanks for the warning.

I'm sure there is also a list of every superstar 4th rounder ever drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It does clearly seem like beane panicked when mcduffie went though. Pats and kc trying to screw us again. 

Giving up a 4th for 2 spots when the lions went up 20 and gave up a 3rd. Thats unreal. 

I don't think he panicked.

Last year Bills were going to take Eric Stokes with their first round pick and the Packers traded one spot ahead of them and grabbed Stokes.

Beane did not want history to repeat itself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Same. I do not think KC have had a good night. McDuffie scheme wise better fit for them than us, that is probably fair, but I still think he is kinda low ceiling. Karlaftis... meh. He isn't going to be an elite NFL pass rusher. 

I was nervous the Chiefs would trade up for Jameson Williams. After tonight I am certain their team overall got much worse this offseason. McDuffie plus Karlaftis comes nowhere close to matching Tyreek Hill's value.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

McDuffie and Karlaftis, get you some short-arm guys on D, KC!

Beane had McDuffie with a first round grade so he was on their radar.  Elam was the only other CB they had with a 1st round grade.  Frankly, I'm happier with Elam especially after hearing Greg Cosell's analysis.   He liked both guys but the physical traits of Elam were better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.