NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

25 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we won’t land him.   we gave up Breece Hall, our 4th, to grt Elam with Booth still likely there at 25 

So we will all get to see you complain for the next two to five years over your personal misgivings about this pick, that’s gonna be so freaking awesome…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, gobills1212 said:

Right,  so we did what was needed. Why complain? This post is sensible. The previous one was unnecessarily throwing shade. Nothing personal, its a message board. That said, ever read the Pats board or Chiefs planet? The ignorance and entitlement is unbearable. Bills fans are better than that. Winning is fun, but that previous 20 years sucked. A little bit of remembering where we came from to get here goes a long way

I’ve been pretty sensible all night. Go read many other posts from others as a comparison.  Like I said, surprised my comment heated you up so much. You keep saying that I’m complaining.  I think you were missing on my tone. 

Was it blatantly obvious we needed CB? Yes. Did other teams likely know that? Yes.  Does Beane lose some leverage as a result? Yes. Was Beane potentially forced to pay extra to take ‘the only other CB with a first round value?’ Yes. 

I don’t think Beane himself would disagree or have a problem with the above.  It just played out that way. 

Like I said, it is what it is. We have a starter, hopefully… and hopefully the next Tre White. I trust Beane. I’m not sour one bit. Would I have loved to see some fortune fall to us? Sure.. but we have a position of need now filled.  

1 minute ago, CaliBills said:

He is fast, quick, and long.

His biggest downfall was/is tackling, but hell so was Dion Sanders issue was tackling.

We needed speed in the DB room, and we got it.

The three knocks for me on Elam's tape were tackling, the fluidity of his transitions and getting grabby. Think he is excellent go forward and he has great recovery speed when turned, but his actual turns and cuts are a bit mechanical for my tastes and then because he is often behind at the point that he comes out of transition he had a tendency to grab in college. But look, he is a super athletic guy and one of my knocks on the team has been that Levi and Dane are so physically limited that they restrict what you can run. No such concern with Elam. He can press at the line, he can play zone, he can play man. High ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Packers use their 2 1st rounders to pick an off the ball LB and a DT with character concerns. Brian Gutekunst must really REALLY hate Aaron Rodgers.

Someone on NFLN (Bucky Brooks?) said during their mock drafts that Green Bay would not go WR with either pick because they just don't and haven't done it for like 20 years. They all scoffed at him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.