NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Surprised BAL traded with us knowing they need CB help. Elam has all the qualities to be good so with solid coaching hoping he and Tre are a great duo for quite som3 time!

Clearly Baltimore wasn’t concerned about CB.. smart trade down by them. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Except reports were the Cards wanted Allen over Rosen.  My point is, can you really declare a pick a failure right after it was made?  People declared Allen a bust right out of the gate and how well did that age?  You don't like the move, you're entitled to that opinion.  But it's too early to declare this was a mistake.  Time will tell.

I was agreeing with you - how people complain a player would still be there but there is always a chance a team that could come in and jump them.  Gms make these moves based on knowledge/experience the casual fan doesn't have

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we won’t land him.   we gave up Breece Hall, our 4th, to grt Elam with Booth still likely there at 25 

Wait so you’re saying the Bills would’ve gotten Hall and Booth if they stayed at 25? One of them was going to fall to the 4th round? 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If Beane felt there was a need to trade up I’m going to trust him. Nobody here is in on their conversations or knows why he traded up.

I like the pick. It fills probably the biggest need the team had.

He just said that Elam was the last player on their board with a 1st Round grade so they wanted to ensure they got their man.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.