NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

Just now, DasNootz said:

If you like the guy you take him. You wouldn’t give the competition the option to have their choice for a 4th.

It's a game teams play ALL the time in the draft. It doesn't mean they do actually want him. But they try and get a team a spot or two below desperate for position X to jump. They say "hey we are going to pick a corner, but if you want a corner..." and let's say the Bills corner board at that point is Elam and then a big drop off.... they might think man it's worth a 4th to avoid the risk. 

All sorts of bluffing goes on. 

• Agree 1

Finally have 2 gifted CBs that we can leave on an island and still mix in a bunch of zone as well.  This will help not only on the back end, but it helps gibe our pass rush that extra tick to get home.

With Dane Jackson, we have quality depth as well.  Another insane athlete added by the front office as well.  They love guys that are elite athletes and I think it really pays off.  Good night for us.  Still a lot of talent on the board as well.  Might be able to move up a bit if we want tomorrow to get a guy we want.  The trade compensation has been all over the board tonight.  Some trades have been cheap.  Some not so much.  May be a bit easier to move around in the 2nd or 3rd if we want. 

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Let me know how many 6th rounders turned out to be HOFers like Brady.

More common for good WRs to come out of later rounds.  Cooper Kupp 3rd Rd, Tyreek Hill 5th Rd just off the top of my head.   Bean said in a presser a few weeks ago we need to nail the middle of the draft.   I expected 2 of the rd 2-4 picks to be WR so...

The move just doesn't jive with me is all.  Both booth and Elam were there.   Even Skyy Moore was still available if we wanted WR.   

Edited by Lost
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we won’t land him.   we gave up Breece Hall, our 4th, to grt Elam with Booth still likely there at 25 

Yeah - I mean it is not like the Bills are far and away the best drafting team over the last 5 years.

Oh wait - they just did a metric on that and Buffalo was #1 by a huge margin.

Get your head out of the dark cave between your legs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, stevewin said:

And all the people complaining at the time - why trade up? He would have been avail at 12!

Except reports were the Cards wanted Allen over Rosen.  My point is, can you really declare a pick a failure right after it was made?  People declared Allen a bust right out of the gate and how well did that age?  You don't like the move, you're entitled to that opinion.  But it's too early to declare this was a mistake.  Time will tell.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

But we don't need it because we already have Gabe Davis. This roster is stacked with very few spots. Get the guy that is going to start. I would trade up again and give up those late round picks.

Yep. And the draft is also loaded at WR. 

Romeo Dubbs, WR, Nevada, in the third round if Beane feels it is a need. Problem solved. 

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Yeah - I mean it is not like the Bills are far and away the best drafting team over the last 5 years.

Oh wait - they just did a metric on that and Buffalo was #1 by a huge margin.

Get your head out of the dark cave between your legs.

don’t be a total jerk.  cite the study, or try reading comprehension and I said 1st round. Not total draft, hate hence trading a 4th.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.