NFL First Round Discussion Thread

Process

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Or they played the old ring Buffalo and say "look we like a corner... if we make this pick that is what we are taking.... but if you want to come up for a 4th round pick...."

If you like the guy you take him. You wouldn’t give the competition the option to have their choice for a 4th.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DallasMac said:

Preferred Booth but I don't hate the pick.  Feel like they had the option to stay put.

this is basically my issue.  Booth and Elam, both good but not screaming great worthy of trading a 4th away for.   hope im wrong

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MPT said:

If they liked those guys as much as Elam they wouldn't have traded up. So they must have been pretty convinced that Elam was the best choice and didn't want to lose him.

Ya for sure, I get that.

Must have been really sold on him and didn't like Gordon or booth

Im laughing at all these arm chair GMs who act like their mock drafts would have created a better team than what we have right now.  Oh no Beane didnt take who I had next on my list that I made looking at youtube videos and amateur scouting reports online after I got done with my day job! Are you guys serious? Do you remember the last 20 years?

Edited by Bills Survivor
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have questions about Elams tackling

but

Elam lets keep in mind that we are in a arms race in the AFC.....corner was definately needed and he has the size, speed, height ration you look for......played Jameson Williams and shut him down (its on tape)

Both was my guy....maybe the double hernia just scared Beane off?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lost said:

I mean Gabe Davis was a 4th round pick at 128.    That's potentially what we just gave up.

But we don't need it because we already have Gabe Davis. This roster is stacked with very few spots. Get the guy that is going to start. I would trade up again and give up those late round picks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Yes, another one.  Like taking that bum Allen when Rosen was still available? 😁

And all the people complaining at the time - why trade up? He would have been avail at 12!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.