TV Draft Coverage…

LabattBlue

NFLN or ESPN?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preference

• ESPN
    • NFLN

I mentioned it in another thread but yeah the coverage has been boring the last few years. I went to a bar last night and kept it on mute today while I worked. Putting the volume up only when I got a text from friends we were up or that we traded for a 6th which seemed like most of the night! 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

I think all the BS with guest people announcing the picks makes is really annoying the vast majority of the time, with the obvious exception of Kyle Brandt. I'd rather see highlight clips or hear the draft guys talk about the player than hear random people talk for 2 minutes on the podium.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Was good for me

7 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Maybe because the Bills didn't have a top 10 round pick?  Because there wasn't any big name, nationally recognizable players in the top slots?  How many DT's and CB's make a big splash?

The TV coverage was way over dramatic, and it all seemed phony.  Watching drafted players walk out to the main stage with all their gold chains, big rings and rather humorous suits made it seem like a bad episode of "Housewives in Atlanta"!   

Boring and a silly show by the NFL!

NFLN only 

was not happy about the Cowpokes stealing all the airtime and the Bills picks getting the shot end of the coverage 

Lots of reports that ABC was horrible 

Jack said. 
OLD news 

Its because they milk the hell out of every second of the show, the entire thing could be done in one day, with a whole hell of a lot less made up drama,  Its fun to see who gets picked by each team, but it’s become like the Olympics, damn little actual content, and way to much fluff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Its because they milk the hell out of every second of the show, the entire thing could be done in one day, with a whole hell of a lot less made up drama,  Its fun to see who gets picked by each team, but it’s become like the Olympics, damn little actual content, and way to much fluff.

Call me old fashioned, but it was way better when it was Kiper, the Commisioner, and a few drunk Jets fans that hated every pick.  It’s un-watchable now.  It’s like the NFL drives down to the homeless shelter, hands out jerseys for all 32 teams and pays them to cheer no matter what their team does.  It’s like the ‘mutant’s ball’ now.  The best was Titan’s fans cheering when the Titans traded AJ Brown.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Problem is, the draft used to be our holy grail. Our “moment.” Why? Because we were starving for hope after a decade of bad. We needed something to look forward to.

That’s now all changed since we are a legit Super Bowl contender.

Now the draft is relaxing for me because I know we are in good hands. I can just sit back and smile knowing we have the leagues top QB and superstars on this roster.

It feels damn good.

Edited by McBean
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The best part of the NFL Draft is reading TBD while it’s happening and seeing guys just absolutely loose their sht with each pick. Love the passion!!

Clearly, many fans here suffer from years of picking high or in the middle of the draft which makes it even more amusing.

From Mock Draft Guy “In my 16 mock drafts I didn’t have this guy going before the 6th round and Beane picked him in the 3rd!! Dooomed!!”

To Unrealistic Trade Guy “IDK why we just don’t package a 6th rounder, Moss, Duke Williams and a bag of footballs to move up and get Sauce Gardner”

To Iron Maiden and his 108 page Breece Hall thread who ends up going to the JETS HAHAHAHA 

You guys are what make this draft so enjoyable. Bills fans are the best! Thank you and can’t wait to trade back into the 4th to get a punter!

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Agree 1

Way way way too much time spent on the stupid intros.

Talk freaking football. Show some game tape on the prospects.

The NFL is usually so smart in cranking up the entertainment factor of their product. And they've jumped under the bar here. I think they feel that the people actually in attendance might enjoy this, and they're probably right about that, but Jesus it's boring and stupid on TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

As a "Boomer" who's been watching the draft since I was a teen, I absolutely HATE what they have done with the draft coverage. From separating it into three days to the ridiculous over the top attempt to make it a "show " I absolutely can't stand it now. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.