TV Draft Coverage…

LabattBlue

NFLN or ESPN?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preference

• ESPN
    • NFLN

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Is the broadcast on ABC a simulcast, or do they have their own coverage? I typically record both and flip back and forth. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be ESPN, because I watch NFLN a lot, so I know most of their takes already.  

I just verified. ABC has their own crew. @BTB perhaps a third option for the poll?

Hosts & analysts

ESPN: Louis Riddick, Mike Greenberg, Mel Kiper Jr., Booger McFarland.

ABC: Sam Ponder, Robert Griffin III, Laura Rutledge, Todd McShay, Rece Davis, Desmond Howard, Suzy Kolber, David Pollack, Jesse Palmer.

Well, bummer! I like to flip back and forth too. My DTV streaming dropped NFLN (but not the cost, of course), so I can only get NFLN on the DTV satellite dish. The dish is the minimum package to get Sunday Ticket, and has NFLN but not ESPN. In order to flip back and forth I have to change the input source with is cumbersome and slow. 

This will come down to me liking Daniel Jeremiah and detesting the Booger. I’ll record both (mainly to capture both opinions of Bills related stuff) but I’ll be parked on NFLN. The TV in the adjacent room will be on ESPN just in case. I can walk to that during commercials. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Nope. I have nothing. Post Superbowl, I decided to unplug and see how long it takes me to miss it. Today is the first day I realized I don't have any kind of TV

You can try the ESPN app but im almost certain you'll need a cable provider login in order to watch. Time to hit up some family/friends for some password sharing!

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, bummer! I like to flip back and forth too. My DTV streaming dropped NFLN (but not the cost, of course), so I can only get NFLN on the DTV satellite dish. The dish is the minimum package to get Sunday Ticket, and has NFLN but not ESPN. In order to flip back and forth I have to change the input source with is cumbersome and slow. 

This will come down to me liking Daniel Jeremiah and detesting the Booger. I’ll record both (mainly to capture both opinions of Bills related stuff) but I’ll be parked on NFLN. The TV in the adjacent room will be on ESPN just in case. I can walk to that during commercials. 

I have direc-tv with NFLN and ESPN plus ABC network draft coverage. Im not surprised that other people record multiple program and wade through for the Bills reactions/commentary

Folks we have it BAD for our Buffalo Bills lol aint it great?

My family and friends know today is DRAFT DAY and will celebrate accordingly. REAL wings not some fake-o ones. Augie knows what Im talking about .  Im along for the glorious ride! Have a great time everybody. GO BILLS

🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I think you may be able to watch it on the ESPN app, since they usually offer their aired content.  You will likely have to login though.  You also might be able to watch it on the NFL App.

I downloaded the ESPN app and tried to watch something being aired and it said "login via TV provider". Which, of course, I have none. I am now going to run to the hardware store and pickup an indoor antenna. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Time to hit up some family/friends for some password sharing!

That is not a bad idea either. Lets see if my daughter can pay me back back for the 27 years of sweat, labor and college costs. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I'm wondering if we'll see another Vrabel kid taking a dump on national TV again.

That beats 5 minutes of listening to the Booger!  

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

That is not a bad idea either. Lets see if my daughter can pay me back back for the 27 years of sweat, labor and college costs. 

Apparently, that is just not how it works!  🤷‍♂️

Hope it comes together for you. You’re welcome to drop by my place if you can’t find a better option. The people who have met me will insist there has to be a better option. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For the first time in forever, I have no TV or cable services. I have installed the ESPN app. Can I watch the draft through that app without any subscriptions?

I think the NFL network will stream on the NFL app, but only on smartphones/tablets. Don't think you can stream on a computer or to a TV.

Better is to take a free trial from one of the TV providers (YouTube, Hulu, Fubo, etc.). I used up all my free trials (though you can get more with a different email), so I ponied up for half price Sling for a month, which gives me NFL Network and ESPN. But you can get all that for free if you have an email that hasn't been used yet for a trial.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ESPN 🤢 

They really are, IMO, pure garbage for sports. Pretty much everything. I used to watch sport center religiously 10-15 years ago. I find it unwatchable now. And I think my position on Stephen A Smith is well documented on this board. I cannot stand to see anything with that guy. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They really are, IMO, pure garbage for sports. Pretty much everything. I used to watch sport center religiously 10-15 years ago. I find it unwatchable now. And I think my position on Stephen A Smith is well documented on this board. I cannot stand to see anything with that guy. 

When the yelling started as a means to discuss.  

i turned out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.