TV Draft Coverage…

LabattBlue

NFLN or ESPN?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preference

• ESPN
    • NFLN

9 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Where's option #3 to watch it through my neighbor's window while drinking a 6-pack on their lawn?

unsure ifABC will be the same feed or different.  I think Thursday round 1 was the same but Friday and Saturday were different broadcasters/ topics covered.  ABC showed more family stories of players draft.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He was pretty much the only person who loved the Bills Allen pick right from the jump, so I give him a pass on Clausen.

The guy does prep and is unapologetic about his missed picks.  Bet his batting average is better than a bunch of NFL execs.  

McShay on the other hand doesn’t seem to prep at all, just grabs on one or two players and rides them to the end.  Feel his prep is reading others mock drafts.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish they had not kicked Wingo to the curb.  I guess I may go back and forth and see which coverage has less of…

1 - guys constantly talking over each other

2 - guys yucking it up and trying to be funny…specifically the hosts.  

Chances are I will be disappointed in both. The tiebreaker…I don’t care how accurate he is, I love me some Kiper on draft weekend. 

• Agree 1

Unpopular opinion, but there has been a shift and ESPN coverage is better. Their highlights are better and they show highlights and analyze almost every pick over three days. I like Mel. He is like a savant in a weird way. He’s super awkward, but I like his analysis. Not a McShay guy. It was unbearable when Gruden was on. 

I love DJ and I really liked Mayock. But they skip over picks too much and sometimes  just show the scroll at the bottom. ESPN does the scroll, but they always circle back and analyze the picks and show highlights.

So I will watch NFLN a lot tonight, but will watch ESPN the other days because they actually talk about the picks and show highlights on days 2 and 3. The ABC feed is for people like my wife who like the stories and the stuff like that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.