Happy Draft Day Everyone

H2o

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My favorite part of the Draft is seeing all these kids become instant millionaires after all the hard work they’ve put in. My least favorite part may be the selections themselves..especially when the Bills pick comes up and I often say “who”? 😂

Some  are already millionaires due to NIL now

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My devoted brothers and sisters in the Draft, let us all bow our heads and ask for wisdom that 'no mistakes are made' tonight...at least not by Buffalo. 😁

I want 31 mistakes and 1 success.

• Like (+1) 1

So, I’m standing post at The Players Club gate this morning and a regular contractor Dallas Cowboy fan pulls up -nice guy, we chat every day- and I ask ‘who you guys takin’ in the Draft? ‘Oh! We have many needs! Who do you have on your short list?’  I said, Man, I hate the Draft! Surprised, he leans back asking ‘huh?’ I said, we don’t need *crap*! After we lost to KC, we needed a DE. Then Von Miller asks ‘ Hey! Can I play with you guys?’ So we need nothing. Yeah, we’re gonna fatten up our Practice Squad, but they’re only gonna get poached in the regular season..’ It Sucks being great!

F YOU!’ as he drives off..

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, I’m standing post at The Players Club gate this morning and a regular contractor Dallas Cowboy fan pulls up -nice guy, we chat every day- and I ask ‘who you guys takin’ in the Draft? ‘Oh! We have many needs! Who do you have on your short list?’  I said, Man, I hate the Draft! Surprised, he leans back asking ‘huh?’ I said, we don’t need *crap*! After we lost to KC, we needed a DE. Then Von Miller asks ‘ Hey! Can I play with you guys?’ So we need nothing. Yeah, we’re gonna fatten up our Practice Squad, but they’re only gonna get poached in the regular season..’ It Sucks being great!

F YOU!’ as he drives off..

lmaooooo ......when I lived in CO the locals HATED Texans with a passion. Because they came and bought a lot of primo ski area real estate and brought their snobby attitude with them.  CO folks would say "There goes my buns a flexin, giving birth to another Texan"

lol

Your football take was Primo 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Same to you brother!  I love draft weekend!  Let’s go Beane!  Let’s go Buffalo!

Maybe not as important as we like to believe , but great to watch. Pollacks article about Beanes draft success is really not that impressive outside the Allen pick.  Only 7 starters from Beanes picks now, compare3 to 9 from FA suggests this is a lot of hype without merit. Have lost many picks to other teams of ps or bad trades like Teller. Fromm was a great pick , right, so Beane is not so infallible. 

Fun to watch , but in reality his roster management / FA acquisitions are really his strength and key to our success. 31 picks so far and only 7 starters still is kind of a reality check and so while fun to watch , it shows the importance of the draft outside of the franchise QB is probably overrated for this regime.  Probably good for depth , and maybe they get one playmaker who helps this year.  I personally hope its a quality rb as that is easier to contribute now,  is an area we need better talent. , and could actually help protect Josh and add dimension to our offense in one possession games or to close out games we lead in. Fun to watch, yet not all that impactful in team building. 🍸😉

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.