** Pre-Draft Visit ** CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

intimidatortj

I was wondering if the Bills had met with Kaiir Elam, and just now COVER1 is reporting he did have a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills.

CB Kaiir Elam, 6' 1 1/2", 191 lbs, arms 30 7/8", forty = 4.39

Kaiir has always been a possibility at 25, but just recently draftniks have recognized he is a 1st round CB.   He has good height at 6' 1.5" and ran a really fast forty at the combine (4.39).

Here are the Corners (and Safeties) the Bills have been linked to.  Beane should be able to get at least one of them:

DB Dax Hill - Mtg
S   Lewis Cine – #30Pre-Draft Visit
S   Nick Cross – #30Pre-Draft Visit
S   Kyle Hamilton - Zoom
CB Kaiir Elam - #30Pre-Draft Visit
CB Andrew Booth – #30Pre-Draft Visit
CB Martin Emerson – #30Pre-Draft Visit
CB Montaric Brown – Zoom
CB Joshua Williams – Mtg
CB Roger McCreary – #30Pre-Draft Visit

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gilmore “didn’t/doesn’t tackle” worked out pretty well. 

watch his tape against Alabama. He locked down Jameson Williams pretty well.

Some scouting reports of Tre White said he wasn't the most willing tackler

29 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

Some scouting reports of Tre White said he wasn't the most willing tackler

Tre isn’t a good tackler.

His missed tackle % in college was higher than Elam’s

elam’s profile is 100% McDermott and he fits a press zone scheme. He’s not consistent wrapping up in his tackling but he is very good in run support and tackles with urgency. I don’t think mcd is afraid of having to develop a corner with this amount of upside 

And this type of film

Alas I don’t think he’s there at 25

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

How was he perceived in Gator country? All I have seen is his highlights. Seems explosive

pretty well, was stellar his first 2 seasons then played injured his last plus everything our D coordinator touched turned to ***** so

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gilmore “didn’t/doesn’t tackle” worked out pretty well. 

watch his tape against Alabama. He locked down Jameson Williams pretty well.

It all depends on whether his doesn't tackle was him protecting from an injury while he was only getting a free college education.   Can be he didn't want to risk his shot at getting drafted by injuring himself while not getting paid.  Yes a college education is worth effort but if he's got draftable talent I can understand not going all out risking his shot at a NFL contract.   Gilmore just didn't seem like he felt he needed to earn what money he was being paid.  He just came across as seeming to feel entitled.  

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Is it a can't or is it a won't?

Cuz one of those you can fix.

Absolutely I worded that poorly - as it stands right now amongst draft analysts his tackling is a minus. But that can certainly be coached up if he’s willing.

11 hours ago, WMDman said:

pretty well, was stellar his first 2 seasons then played injured his last plus everything our D coordinator touched turned to ***** so

As a fellow Gator fan, I agree with everything said here. I'd be very happy with him after some better coaching and more experience. He's only 20 yrs old although he'll be 21 when the season starts but very young.  Either way and no matter who we get.......GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.