Embedded Gabe Davis discusses new video on One Bills Drive Edit: New embedded pg. 4

Chandler#81

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Embedded Gabe Davis discusses new video on One Bills Drive
46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Awesome video, it also seems that Davis and Taiwan Jones both have dogs I would not want to meet in a dark alley or really any alley.

Sorry to you pitbull owners who disagree but it's completely irresponsible to breed huge killer dogs because you think they look tough or cool. Regular dog owners and people with little kids shouldn't have to worry about their lives being at risk because you think it's cool to have huge aggressive dogs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2013/09/20/officials-dogs-owned-by-oakland-raiders-cornerback-taiwan-jones-attack-kill-neighbors-dog/amp/

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Sorry to you pitbull owners who disagree but it's completely irresponsible to breed huge killer dogs because you think they look tough or cool. Regular dog owners and people with little kids shouldn't have to worry about their lives being at risk because you think it's cool to have huge aggressive dogs:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2013/09/20/officials-dogs-owned-by-oakland-raiders-cornerback-taiwan-jones-attack-kill-neighbors-dog/amp/

I think people get caught up with the idea that we shouldn't blame the dogs. It's true it's not their fault, it's ours since we've bred them in a way that's made them dangerous. It will take a long time to fix that, and make them bigger definitely isn't it.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think people get caught up with the idea that we shouldn't blame the dogs. It's true it's not their fault, it's ours since we've breed them in a way that's made them dangerous. It will take a long time to fix that, and make them bigger definitely isn't it.

Yeah, when I heard Gabe say 150 lbs. I was like "whoa, who the hell needs a pit bull that size?"

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think people get caught up with the idea that we shouldn't blame the dogs. It's true it's not their fault, it's ours since we've breed them in a way that's made them dangerous. It will take a long time to fix that, and make them bigger definitely isn't it.

The owners like to say it's the owner and not the dog and it's all in how you train them. So my life and my dog's life is depending on whether or not the owner trained the dog well enough? Yikes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

loool, i love hearing pitlovers spaz out and say "it's the owners, not the breed!!".  like, what if i kept a lion, could i be a good and loving owner and just not every worry that my fur baby wouldn't hurt a fly?  well, the difference between a lion and a dog is only it's genes, which is the difference between a pit and a lab.  

i see this kind of trash all over and it's absolutely disgusting!  lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I used to always believe that - there’s no bad dogs, just bad owners. But then I had an experience that totally changed my mind.

15-20 years ago I rescued a pit bull puppy when I was living in Florida. The owner was bragging about how he was going to starve it to death and I took it home on the spot (and reported him, but nothing ever happened).

The dog was great when he was a puppy. Obedient, well behaved. Then as he got a bit older he started to show aggression over random things. He’d growl when I fed him. He’d lay by my bed and growl at anyone who came near me at night. Stuff like that. But he never bit anyone.

Then I moved back to NY and brought the dog with me. I moved back home and my parents had 2 dogs. He got along with the female dog fine but not the male dog so we had to keep them separated. We also got my dog neutered.

Everything really started to change after that. He started getting very aggressive. Trying to bite people. He even bit me, pretty bad. And tried to bite me a few other times where I narrowly got away. He had never shown any aggression toward me before. And it was so unpredictable. 

Then one day he was laying out in the living room and my dad walked by. The dog just snapped for no apparent reason and viciously attacked my dad in the leg. Bit his leg so badly that the bone was showing. We Had to call an ambulance and my dad was in the hospital for 3-4 days.

It wasn’t just one bite either. He didn’t stop attacking until I heard the commotion and ran up + grabbed the dog. As soon as I grabbed him he snapped right back out of it and was looking at me + wagging his tail and was no longer aggressive.

The town showed up (paramedics notified them) and took the dog to be put down.

That ate at me for years and years. I always felt like it was something I did wrong.

I am sure I somehow contributed to the problem but I don’t know how. I never abused him or anything even remotely close. I treat my animals very well.

Ive owned all sorts of different dog breeds. I’ve had dog(s) my entire life and never had a problem with any other dog breed. No other dog I’ve ever owned has even shown a hint of aggression.

Needless to say I’ll never own another pitbull.

edit - I just wanted to add that I don’t think all pit bulls are bad or anything. I have friends and family with pits that are great dogs. But I could never own another. I’m too fearful of them and dogs + fear don’t always mix well. 

also, sorry for derailing this thread 

probably wasn’t the best place to tell this story 😂

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I used to work with a guy who seemed OK until the day he told me about his dog and said “I like to see the fear in a grown man’s eyes.”  Yeah, no thanks. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I used to always believe that - there’s no bad dogs, just bad owners. But then I had an experience that totally changed my mind.

15-20 years ago I rescued a pit bull puppy when I was living in Florida. The owner was bragging about how he was going to starve it to death and I took it home on the spot (and reported him, but nothing ever happened).

The dog was great when he was a puppy. Obedient, well behaved. Then as he got a bit older he started to show aggression over random things. He’d growl when I fed him. He’d lay by my bed and growl at anyone who came near me at night. Stuff like that. But he never bit anyone.

Then I moved back to NY and brought the dog with me. I moved back home and my parents had 2 dogs. He got along with the female dog fine but not the male dog so we had to keep them separated. We also got my dog neutered.

Everything really started to change after that. He started getting very aggressive. Trying to bite people. He even bit me, pretty bad. And tried to bite me a few other times where I narrowly got away. He had never shown any aggression toward me before. And it was so unpredictable. 

Then one day he was laying out in the living room and my dad walked by. The dog just snapped for no apparent reason and viciously attacked my dad in the leg. Bit his leg so badly that the bone was showing. We Had to call an ambulance and my dad was in the hospital for 3-4 days.

It wasn’t just one bite either. He didn’t stop attacking until I heard the commotion and ran up + grabbed the dog. As soon as I grabbed him he snapped right back out of it and was looking at me + wagging his tail and was no longer aggressive.

That ate at me for years and years. I always felt like it was something I did wrong.

I am sure I somehow contributed to the problem but I don’t know how. I never abused him or anything even remotely close. I treat my animals very well.

Ive owned all sorts of different dog breeds. I’ve had dog(s) my entire life and never had a problem with any other dog breed. No other dog I’ve ever owned has even shown a hint of aggression.

Yeah, that’s never been a worry with my 7 Golden Retrievers. I don’t see the need to take that risk. I know some people swear by them, but I don’t see any reason to roll those dice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, that’s never been a worry with my 7 Golden Retrievers. I don’t see the need to take that risk. I know some people swear by them, but I don’t see any reason to roll those dice. 

Exactly. If you like big dogs there's plenty of friendly breeds. I'm sure Taiwan would have said how friendly his dogs were...until the day they weren't. Our dog is like a member of our family just like the lady in that story said about hers. I couldn't imagine if 2 huge dogs like that attacked us

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Having had a ringside seat at a situation where a neighbor's chihuahua was fatally injured and had to be put to sleep after an encounter with a loving, sweet neighborhood dog who was in no way a "huge aggressive" dog (and not a pit bull), I would want to know if there is more to this story.

Factors:

1) Toy breeds don't understand size IME.  They will charge at and bark/snarl aggressively at another, much larger dog.   But the same actions that larger dog might take, that to a golden retreiver would mean "knock it off", can deglove a toy (warning: if you don't know what a degloving injury is, you may not want to learn)

2) A number of dogs who are well-socialized with humans and pets have high prey drives, and will chase the hell out of bunnies and squirrels.  Guess what kinda looks like a bunny to a high prey drive dog.

Should a dog be outside a fence and off-lead in an urban area, No.  So Jones by the link above is at fault for that.   But let's not go down the "dog injured dog therefore is huge aggressive killer dog" wormhole.

Edit: I'm not trying to argue "Pitbulls from fighting lines are really nice doggo's" thing.  Akitas are the Japanese equivalent of a Pitbull as far as I can tell, and I actively tried to talk good friends out of getting one.  I don't think Presa Canarios are necessarily nice dogs, either.  Just making the point that from the incident described in the link, I can't go to "huge aggressive dog/completely irresponsible".

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I used to work with a guy who seemed OK until the day he told me about his dog and said “I like to see the fear in a grown man’s eyes.”  Yeah, no thanks. 

Yeah, that's Sick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don't believe that there are "no bad dogs".  I mean, a certain number of people are psycho, so why wouldn't there be psycho dogs and psycho horses?

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wow, what a story.  Is your dad OK?  I do think that some people have bred pitbulls to have a screw loose, because having that screw loose makes them a better fighting dog. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The pit bull breed needs to be phased out.  Breeding them should be made illegal and we need to rid the planet of them.  They are killing machines and a danger to everyone.  I don't care if a pit bull lives to be 15 and has never so much as growled.  It's in all of them an no one knows what each dog's trigger is.  The statistics do not lie .. they are readily available and all tell the same story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

OH MY.....well not to derail this into a pitbull bully breed thread. But my experience is thus:  ANY dog owner needs to have control of their dog while out in public.  Dog parks are a place that will also be troublesome being off leash and not knowing the tempremen t/personality of the other dogs that are there. Dogs will be dogs.  And like people some personalities dont mix. You don't herd a large group of people in a contained space together and expect they will all get a long either

But I do NOT endorse taking a bully breed to a dog park or be off leash while away from home at any time. Their breed  clearly demonstrates the stigma/fear attached to their genetics. AND certain dogs DO need certain types of owners Calm assertive dominant energy basically. Obey the laws period. 

ANYWAY I am not  fan of "pitbull breeders" there are hundreds of euthanized pitbull dogs already. Specifically breeding pitbulls  Im not a fan. awww heck Taiwan 😞

Frenchies on the other hand notoriously expensive breed I think they are adorable ........I like boston terriers too. 

Edited by muppy

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't believe that there are "no bad dogs".  I mean, a certain number of people are psycho, so why wouldn't there be psycho dogs and psycho horses?

Wow, what a story.  Is your dad OK?  I do think that some people have bred pitbulls to have a screw loose, because having that screw loose makes them a better fighting dog. 

Yeah he’s fine. He still has the scars, and some damage to his calf muscle but otherwise he’s ok.

I don’t know what that guy did to the dog before I rescued him. The dog was pretty young though. I want to say he was maybe a couple months old.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.