Interesting analysis of mocks to Bills

Pokebball

Cool review!

Outside the top 10 picks, I think mock drafts are pretty unreliable because each pick and/or trade throws a monkey wrench 🙈 🔧 into the analysis. This part of the article would be interesting to track against from a betting perspective:

Most popular positions for Bills in 2022 mock drafts (first round)

CB/DB – 64 times

WR – 21 times

IOL – 15 times

I haven’t followed the “depth” of each of these positions in the draft. All that being equal, CB2 is obviously the biggest need. I’ll go SS because I think this is Poyer’s last year in Buffalo.

My 2 cents 🪙🪙

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Cool review!

Outside the top 10 picks, I think mock drafts are pretty unreliable because each pick and/or trade throws a monkey wrench 🙈 🔧 into the analysis. This part of the article would be interesting to track against from a betting perspective:

CB/DB – 64 times

WR – 21 times

IOL – 15 times

I haven’t followed the “depth” of each of these positions in the draft. All that being equal, CB2 is obviously the biggest need. I’ll go SS because I think this is Poyer’s last year in Buffalo.

My 2 cents 🪙🪙

If you are looking to match exact team/exact player, mock drafts are usually way off.

If you are looking to get a rough idea which players are going to be available, they are actually pretty helpful.

Last year, I was targeting an edge rusher and kept ending up with a choice of Greg Roussea, Jayson Oweh and Azeez Ojulari.  Kwity Paye was always gone.  Jaelen Phillips was gone about 75% of the time.  Low and behold, those three were exactly who were available.

I've been doing mock drafts for the last 1-2 months.  Andrew Booth only started popping up available recently, after the injury concerns about his hernia started popping up.  Once that happened, Trent McDuffie started going in the Top 15-20 instead.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Link

Booth has been mocked to the Bill's 22 times. McDuffie, 17 times. I think 17 times is an omen, I'm going with McDuffie.

I believe if Booth makes it to 25 there’s something to his injury concerns and I would hope the Bills pass on him because he’s not supposed to be there he’s to good. 

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Link

Booth has been mocked to the Bill's 22 times. McDuffie, 17 times. I think 17 times is an omen, I'm going with McDuffie.

But you’re avoiding what’s staring you in the face!  Those are just analysts and bloggers.  Those aren’t “guys in the know” like Buscaglia, Albright and Simms.  
Flexing Jonathan Taylor GIF by Indianapolis Colts

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I'm surprised there are that many mocks with McDuffie to the Bills. Most of the ones I see, he's gone well before that. If he dropped to 25, seems like a no brainer for the Bills, even though he has some short arms.

He may be tenacious..but...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Cool review!

CB/DB – 64 times

WR – 21 times

IOL – 15 times

My 2 cents 🪙🪙

Ive seen and heard several people saying Daxton Hill would be an interesting pick. Can play anywhere in the secondary,able to handle zone or man coverage. Fill in for Tre, eventually replace Poyer?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Cool review!

CB/DB – 64 times

WR – 21 times

IOL – 15 times

My 2 cents 🪙🪙

What if I told you they can get a CB and a SS....?

Daxton Hill.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I believe if Booth makes it to 25 there’s something to his injury concerns and I would hope the Bills pass on him because he’s not supposed to be there he’s to good. 

Hmm, think we got Thurman Thomas because he was supposed to be a 2nd rounder back in the day?   If he's that good but does drop its due to teams hedging over the injury and not willing to wait 9n him to get well.  Bills are very fortunate 8n that they don't really have many glaring needs so they can be a bit more patient.  I also think the Bills have historically had good medical evaluations and if they sign off on his recovery then that's good enough to grab him there if he falls.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.