Bills draft game: Two picks I'd love, two picks I expect, two picks I'd settle for

Logic

On 4/27/2022 at 2:02 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

If we trade up to 7, I don't envision us holding onto our 2nd rounder this year in the process.  Its going to cost a lot to go from 25 to 7.  Would love to get Sauce, but I don't envision Beane paying what it will take to get to 7 or anywhere inside the top 10.  I think our sweetspot for a trade up doesn't begin until probably Houstons second first round pick at 13 personally.  But that could be a spot they go after Sauce or Stingley if either slides out of the top 10.  

Beane said top ten is out of reach on podcast w tasker Brown and he has a set limit to how high he would consider moving, which I think was upper teens.  Listening , he said the best values were in 2-4/5 th rounds and I came away with the impression he was much more likely value wise to trade down.  He did say there are more than two holes that need filled on this roster and will hopefully have guys contribute this year , so those thinking he would trade away later picks because they couldn’t make the roster are incorrect.  

He stated this included depth positions , just not starters.  Really did expect  first round talent from THEIR BOARD to be there at 25 ( as all teams have their own first round evaluations and they are not exactly same as Bills board) , but if not there he seems to be leaning that the sweet spot for value is in second / middle rounds.  More than prior drafts , I am thinking if their first round evals are off , he won’t hesitate to drop back and felt like moving up seemed very unlikely, and this is in part because qb class is poor and not likely to drive guys down the board like prior drafts.  Could change if teams reach for Qbs tho.  But bills at 25 are in prime area for teams to want to move into the first to perhaps reach for qb with 5th year option. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Kaenon said:

Well this is neat and fun!

Any rounds? 

Two picks I’d LOVE:

LB Devin Llyod

TE Jalen Wydermyer

Two picks I expect:

CB Martin "MJ" Emerson

RB ZaQuandre White

Two picks I’ll settle for:

CB Kaiir Elam 

WR Skyy Moore

May I ask why you expect the Bills to pick Emerson in the 2nd round?  I'm not disputing the possibility but he's expected (by most reports I've seen) to be a 3rd-4th round guy.

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Beane said top ten is out of reach on podcast w tasker Brown and he has a set limit to how high he would consider moving, which I think was upper teens.  Listening , he said the best values were in 2-4/5 th rounds and I came away with the impression he was much more likely value wise to trade down.  He did say there are more than two holes that need filled on this roster and will hopefully have guys contribute this year , so those thinking he would trade away later picks because they couldn’t make the roster are incorrect.  

He stated this included depth positions , just not starters.  Really did expect  first round talent from THEIR BOARD to be there at 25 ( as all teams have their own first round evaluations and they are not exactly same as Bills board) , but if not there he seems to be leaning that the sweet spot for value is in second / middle rounds.  More than prior drafts , I am thinking if their first round evals are off , he won’t hesitate to drop back and felt like moving up seemed very unlikely, and this is in part because qb class is poor and not likely to drive guys down the board like prior drafts.  Could change if teams reach for Qbs tho.  But bills at 25 are in prime area for teams to want to move into the first to perhaps reach for qb with 5th year option. 

Yeah this is what I think is going to happen too.  

I think if he doesn’t trade up, he probably trades down instead of picking at 25 unless one of those first round graded players slips to him.  

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

We’ll see he can go anywhere between 50 and 75

I think that he is good, but he is tiny.  I know that there are players who don’t fit height-weight prototypes who do very well in the NFL, but the successful ones are the exception rather than the rule.  You may be right that he goes higher than I expect.

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

I think a trade back may be what they hope they can do, but finding a willing trade partner who is offering fair value may be difficult.  

Edited by OldTimer1960

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that he is good, but he is tiny.  I know that there are players who don’t fit height-weight prototypes who do very well in the NFL, but the successful ones are the exception rather than the rule.  You may be right that he goes higher than I expect.

I think a trade back may be what they hope they can do, but finding a willing trade partner who is offering fair value may be difficult.  

Calvin Austin can shake a DB out there shoes in a phone booth and has vertical speed for days . He also has a great release package of press coverage. I think he has Star potential.

16 hours ago, The Dean said:

May I ask why you expect the Bills to pick Emerson in the 2nd round?  I'm not disputing the possibility but he's expected (by most reports I've seen) to be a 3rd-4th round guy.

Watching him play a couple times.

Playing against top SEC talent.

Bills top 30 visit.

Now that we got Elam, it makes Emerson less likely... Though last year I wanted Basham and Bills went D-line with both 1st and 2nd... so who knows!

4 hours ago, Kaenon said:

Watching him play a couple times.

Playing against top SEC talent.

Bills top 30 visit.

Now that we got Elam, it makes Emerson less likely... Though last year I wanted Basham and Bills went D-line with both 1st and 2nd... so who knows!

Fair enough I guess. I think the Bills make take another DB in this draft as well. Still not sure I'm buying Emerson in the 2nd round. Thinking better DBs will be available there. But who knows?  Maybe Emerson in the 3rd or 4th if still around.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

Fair enough I guess. I think the Bills make take another DB in this draft as well. Still not sure I'm buying Emerson in the 2nd round. Thinking better DBs will be available there. But who knows?  Maybe Emerson in the 3rd or 4th if still around.

Not 2nd round pick, but close! Lol... Pick #68.

On 4/28/2022 at 6:35 AM, chris heff said:

To paraphrase, it’s hard to project draft picks in the NFL.

Yes… yes it is

On 4/28/2022 at 10:18 PM, Kaenon said:

Well this is neat and fun!

Any rounds? 

Two picks I’d LOVE:

LB Devin Llyod

TE Jalen Wydermyer

Two picks I expect:

CB Martin "MJ" Emerson

RB ZaQuandre White

Two picks I’ll settle for:

CB Kaiir Elam 

WR Skyy Moore

Elam and Wydermyer in UDFA… you might win the prize..

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.