Swole Allen

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Anyone still worried when he scramble every so often?

Hes sliding a lot more now, and if memory serves, all of his injuries over the last four years were in the pocket.  

He can handle the occasional scramble. Again he’s much better at sliding now than in 18.

well he suffered a concussion miles away from the pocket in 19. The hit vs the raiders that put him in a harness in 20 was definitely outside the pocket. and then last year his foot strain was 30 yards downfield. I"m not here to argue about him running or not running more, just that maybe you have an awful memory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well he suffered a concussion miles away from the pocket in 19. The hit vs the raiders that put him in a harness in 20 was definitely outside the pocket. and then last year his foot strain was 30 yards downfield. I"m not here to argue about him running or not running more, just that maybe you have an awful memory.

Personally, I am worried about his reckless running style catching up to him. He gets hit a lot and sometimes I am surprised that he gets up. His stature makes him tough to bring down in the pocket  but in the open field he’s fair game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Personally, I am worried about his reckless running style catching up to him. He gets hit a lot and sometimes I am surprised that he gets up. His stature makes him tough to bring down in the pocket  but in the open field he’s fair game.

Yep. We've all heard the Cam comparisons for years. Cam was so good he earned the nickname: Superman

Then injuries caught up to him.

I think what happened to Cam should serve as a warning to us. Doesnt matter how super your QB is, u need to protect your franchise qb period.

Either with improving the guys around him or by making sure Allen protects himself out there.

I think we've definitely seen attention paid to both of those

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

You can have the best of both worlds if he would just commit to sliding more often. He still tries to take on tacklers too often trying to get those few extra yards, usually after he's gotten the first down. Eliminate that and he's virtually unstoppable.

16 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Yep. We've all heard the Cam comparisons for years. Cam was so good he earned the nickname: Superman

I think what happened to Cam should serve as a warning to us. Doesnt matter how super your QB is, u need to protect your franchise qb period.

Either with improving the guys around him or by making sure Allen protects himself out there.

Cam Newton injured his AC Joint pushing a guy out of bounds.   His injury, came on a play that was as close as non contact as a football play can be.   I understand your point, yes you want to protect Josh but you also dont want to neuter him.    You cant expect the guy to play scared and have the same magic, its a little pointless. 

I understand wanting to be proactive, but to live in fear of some career altering injury just because a player with a similar build and running skillset injured his AC joint trying to push a player out of bounds is a little silly IMHO.    

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I think McD's comment about presenting "the threat to run" will come more into play with Josh, now that he's established how much of a threat he can be with his legs.   As Marv used to say, "get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep in until noon."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.