Your Bills draft assumptions

BigAl2526

17 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I looked at draft history and found that...

1) Elite Cornerbacks are the hardest to find outside the 1st.

2) OT is the second hardest, Interior linemen are easier to get later

3) All the top WR were drafted late. Adams, Hopkins, Diggs, Cupp, Hill, ...

4) All the top RBs were also later picks.

5) Pass Rushers are as enigmatic as QBs. Doesn't matter where you draft them, it's hit or miss. No team seems to know who will be great or not.

I tried to put together a UDFA team from 2010-2015 for ***** and giggles. Outside of QB, OT and C were the hardest spots to fill by a mile.

11 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wanted them to take Rosen in 2018 draft. So it would be wise if Beane didn't listen to an "expert" like me. If I had to guess I still think they go corner in Rd 1.

I too confess to thinking Rosen was the safer choice. I’m an idiot. I trust Beane.

Maybe you should start a few threads about all the possibilities. It seems to be all the rage. 

Sorry, I’m just getting testy as I want to get to the starting line here! Ring the bell and let’s get this thing going! 

Do I get “paragraph points”? 

16 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

I assume there will be people on here with their draft network big boards printed out and when the pick comes in that doesn’t agree with someone else’s rankings they will make a post about how bad the pick was 

Lol, Happens every single year, just like all the folk that went ballistic when Josh Allen got picked, it will be a hoot to have a gander at their combined prose…, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think/hope J Williams, G Wilson, T Burks, and C Watson would all be in play.

Williams and Willson are almost guaranteed to be gone before Buffalo picks.  They would have to drop at least into the high teens before Buffalo would consider a trade IMO.  There is a very slim chance Treylon Burkes drops.   He will be a good receiver in the NFL.  I'm not sure how Buffalo would value a big physical receiver who has speed on film, but ran a 4.55 at the combine.  It seems to me that Buffalo might be a bit concerned that they really don't have elite speed at WR outside of one guy buried on the depth chart (Stevenson).  Watson is intriguing.  Virtually all mock drafts have him going later than 25, from the very end of the first round to somewhere in the top half of the second round.  I would absolutely consider him after a trade down.

4 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Williams and Willson are almost guaranteed to be gone before Buffalo picks.  They would have to drop at least into the high teens before Buffalo would consider a trade IMO.  There is a very slim chance Treylon Burkes drops.   He will be a good receiver in the NFL.  I'm not sure how Buffalo would value a big physical receiver who has speed on film, but ran a 4.55 at the combine.  It seems to me that Buffalo might be a bit concerned that they really don't have elite speed at WR outside of one guy buried on the depth chart (Stevenson).  Watson is intriguing.  Virtually all mock drafts have him going later than 25, from the very end of the first round to somewhere in the top half of the second round.  I would absolutely consider him after a trade down.

J Williams was listed as chosen I think 7 times in the overall look.  G Wilson was the TBD choice in one of our mocks, so it's possible.

If the FO likes Watson they should absolutely take him if available at 25.  Trading down would be reckless, especially with Green Bay and Kansas City with close by picks.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:28 AM, GolfandBills said:

I assume there will be people on here with their draft network big boards printed out and when the pick comes in that doesn’t agree with someone else’s rankings they will make a post about how bad the pick was 

Boy if this isn’t 100% accurate I don’t know what is. There are tons of people on here that don’t watch anything, or watch a 3 min highlight and run with it like their scout of the year here. The rankings done are usually very off especially once you get outside of 40 picks. 

they’ll watch their favorite guy drop and drop begging and pleading for the Bills to take him then the Raiders get him in the 6th round and he is proclaimed a steal only never to be heard from again. 

a guy goes round 3 and heads explode about what a guy reach a guy was cause Joe Marino said expect him in round 6

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

J Williams was listed as chosen I think 7 times in the overall look.  G Wilson was the TBD choice in one of our mocks, so it's possible.

If the FO likes Watson they should absolutely take him if available at 25.  Trading down would be reckless, especially with Green Bay and Kansas City with close by picks.

Hindsight is 20/20.  In this case, it supports me.  Jameson Williams and Garett Wison are long gone when Buffalo picks.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:33 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

My assumption is that Beane will have his eyes on a particular player in round 1, and if they drop enough, he will go up and get them.  If the player DOES happen to drop all the way to us, the same may apply to a move back into the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd.  

This guy knew what he was talking about. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:48 AM, ngbills said:

This is the least interested I have been in the draft in years. And it feels good. We finally have a team that is good enough that our draft pick does not need to be an impact player. Yes, we have some holes to fill and it would be a nice surprise to draft a guy that can step in right away. But even nicer to not be relying on that. So my draft assumptions or hopes are any of the following 1) Draft a CB that can play right away 2) One of the better WR fall to us 3) Breece Hall is not picked in round 1 and we get him in round 2, even better round 3 4) Future Center 5) LB Depth 6) More DB depth 7) TE Depth.

Something along these lines:

1- CB: Booth, Elam, McDuffie

2- RB Hall, WR Dotson

3- WR Metchie, RB Spiller, RB B Robinson

4-6 (4 Picks) CB Mathis, S Cline, S Cross, CB Emerson, LB Muma, LB Smith, LB Asomoah, C/G Parham, C/G Burford, TE Wydermyer, TE Turner, TE Likely, TE Mitchell

7- WR Rambo, WR Melton, RB Marks

Something along these lines:

1- CB: Booth, Elam, McDuffie

2- RB Hall, WR Dotson

3- WR Metchie, RB Spiller, RB B Robinson

4-6 (4 Picks) CB Mathis, S Cline, S Cross, CB Emerson, LB Muma, LB Smith, LB Asomoah, C/G Parham, C/G Burford, TE Wydermyer, TE Turner, TE Likely, TE Mitchell

7- WR Rambo, WR Melton, RB Marks

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.