Is there any chance Beane signs a veteran Free Agent Corner before the draft?

intimidatortj

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Beane once said something to the effect that he likes to address all position needs before the draft making it easier to do BPA during the draft.   So I really thought he'd sign a CB by now.   

But Beane knows that, generally speaking, the longer he waits, the lower the price for a FA.  The risk of waiting is, of course, that the FA you want will come off the market.  I think - maybe - Beane has enough confidence in our current CB depth that he's willing to take that risk?

We all assumed he would sign a veteran CB BEFORE the draft.   That was logical. 

Maybe he has talked to a couple of vets and plans to follow up with one or two of them immediately following the draft. 

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

If Daboll/Schoen like Edmunds, I feel like a trade involving a swap of picks and Edmunds for Bradberry just makes so much sense. 

They have picks 7 and 36... either of which could be spots we'd very much like to have.  

Unless Beane has some voodoo magic to re-sign Edmunds and Knox, it looks to everyone that Edmunds may be on a 1 year deal and then he either walks because we don't care to sign him or can't afford to sign him.

Why not send him to the Giants, if they view him as a centerpiece of that Defense..  They lock him up long term and we get a 1 year rental out of Bradberry to bolster the secondary and provide insurance for Tre White taking time to come back full strength.  

I understand your mindset but I am 100% against trading away our vet signal caller in a SB window. We don't need to trade Edmunds to get Bradberry, we can get him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.  

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Bradberry is out pretty much no matter what. I think he will struggle in that press man scheme. So he is miscast and expensive. He is the perfect pickup for us because he's a seasoned vet who is in his prime and can help us pursue a Super Bowl. 

I think a Bradberry move could go down on day 2 if the Bills miss out on all the top corners. 

I’ve been wondering if there is anything going on with Bradberry between the Bills and Giants. One might think if the CB’s the Bills covet are gone, would they give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him? 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I understand your mindset but I am 100% against trading away our vet signal caller in a SB window. We don't need to trade Edmunds to get Bradberry, we can get him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick.  

I would be more then ok trading our 4th for Bradberry and with our 1st round pick getting a weapon on OFFENSE for Josh 

I think the Bills stand pat on signing anyone else.

they have @$ 6 million or so? See what the draft yields, sign the rookies and keep a couple of million for an emergency FA.

If no emergency arises roll over the couple of million to help keep a player.

53 minutes ago, Putin said:

I would be more then ok trading our 4th for Bradberry and with our 1st round pick getting a weapon on OFFENSE for Josh 

How are we affording Bradberry?  Is a 4th enough to get the Giants to eat some of the contract to make it work?

Id rather use our 4th packaged with our 3rd to trade up for a CB than trade for a rental.  

I was thinking more about this last night. If the Bills have a safety they really like and feel like they won’t get to a mutual agreement with Poyer, could they work a trade for Bradberry for Poyer? Throw in a late round pick for some of the salary?Just thinking out loud certainly not anti Poyer by any means. 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:41 PM, intimidatortj said:

Doesn't appear so.

Despite everyone insisting that Beane would sign a vet Free Agent before the draft.

It is slightly surprising.

If I were trying to get other teams believing I'm going to draft a CB at 25 I wouldn't sign one.  I get more of a feeling the first round pick is not a CB

I guarantee he floated out several offers to several CBs (including Gilmore) he know that they are waiting to see if they can get more leverage after the draft..at least 2 will return to Beane with hands opened

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.