Your NFL Draft BOLD Predictions

Zerovoltz

I put these elsewhere but I'll put them here:

Giants will trade down a couple times from that 7 pick.  Maybe 7 to 20 so Pitt can grab Willis and then 20 to 25 so Buffalo can get their guy.

Conversely, If a QB NYG likes slides (Willis maybe) I could see Bradberry or Toney and their 2nd getting packaged for 25.

I could also see Buffalo trading down if the draft fell with wrs and cbs flying off the board.  Something like 25 and 57 for 32 and 34.

I think Detroit waits until the end of round 1 but does grab a qb.

I think Buffalo double dips on DBs this year like they did with DE last year.  Maybe not round 1 and 2 but in the first 3 rounds.

I think Carolina trades down from 6.  I also think they end the weekend with either Mayfield or Pickett as the qb.

I think Jameson Williams is still the first WR off the board.

Adding a couple more:

If Hamilton falls like Derwin James a couple of years ago the Bills will trade up for him (18 or so for the Bills to pull the trigger imo)

I think Pickens ends up on the Chiefs.  Character concerns don't bother them and the talent is undeniable.

Don't know if this is bold but Tremaine and Poyer are both still on the team at the end of the draft.  If anyone gets traded its Moss and/or Epenesa but I don't think any players get traded.

KC will trade up for Jameson Williams. Three QBs will be drafted in the first round. Bills will pick Kyler Gordon in the first round, trade up in the second to pick Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker, pick up a guard in the fourth, and package later picks to move up for a WR. 

4 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

To the underlined I dont believe that (at least not in the first round).  His draft record clearly points to picking high ceiling low floor players in the first (see: Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau).

Wow I liked the thought process and then you veered off.  We got bounced by a speedy WR so we should get a speedy CB to counter was my expectation.  I think your wishful thinking got in the way of your logic.  

Was just quoting him directly.  Check out his interview w tasker / brown.  I think it’s his risk evaluation perhaps concerning guys with medical issues whom he feels if you take them and have to sit them while seeing if they return to form  CAN set them up for failure. Was his analysis and related to if he was faced with two guys rated equally on his board.    He said he would then go for higher floor guy over POSSIBLE higher ceiling as it’s a safer risk , and fairer for expectations to the players.  Intersting ideas. Check out the podcast and see if you get the same takeaway. It’s always possible I misunderstood, but it was about players with Med issues on their board, not necessarily his entire approach to every player / pick.  At high picks he didn’t feel it was fair to take a guy that high with Med issues and then have him sitting out with that pressure to get to his full ceiling.  Could be just smoke ,, but he seemed sincere.  😊

17 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Fwiw, I think sending some of those guys out for high picks next year and/or immediate need would be smart money.  We don’t need Epenesa and could get good value right now.  Same goes for most. 

Edmunds is the biggest trade bait but the truth is, I still feel he has huge upside somewhere and his freakish length and speed coupled with his young Age an ability to cover quick TE’s makes it difficult for me to part.  I’d rather trade all of Poyer, Epenesa and Moss easily to make room to keep a very young and talented edmunds. 

if edmunds isn’t traded tonight he will remain our worst starter on either side of the ball and costs 12.7 million 

I predict and hope edmunds is traded, but they get his replacement in the 3rd or later.

If the Bills don’t trade up in the first they’ll take Burks if he’s there and Tariq woolen in the 2nd. 

If they do trade up it will be for Jameson Williams

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Was just quoting him directly.  Check out his interview w tasker / brown.  I think it’s his risk evaluation perhaps concerning guys with medical issues whom he feels if you take them and have to sit them while seeing if they return to form  CAN set them up for failure. Was his analysis and related to if he was faced with two guys rated equally on his board.    He said he would then go for higher floor guy over POSSIBLE higher ceiling as it’s a safer risk , and fairer for expectations to the players.  Intersting ideas. Check out the podcast and see if you get the same takeaway. It’s always possible I misunderstood, but it was about players with Med issues on their board, not necessarily his entire approach to every player / pick.  At high picks he didn’t feel it was fair to take a guy that high with Med issues and then have him sitting out with that pressure to get to his full ceiling.  Could be just smoke ,, but he seemed sincere.  😊

I think he was saying that it depends on how immediately you need them to play. He said he would be comfortable with a high floor/low ceiling guy if he had good vets at that position and the draftee didn't need to play right away. But he said if it was a real position of need, he might take the high floor lower ceiling guy. He worries that if you plug a high ceiling guy in too soon you are setting him up for failure.

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Yeah, I hope that's all smoke and he does the opposite for a certain Alabama WR. If he goes the safe route and KC or NE goes up and grabs Jameson Williams, it will be a crying shame, because he's the exact piece to make Josh Allen unstoppable.

Baker Mayfield will be traded to the Seahawks

Kyler Murray will be traded to the Eagles

The Saints will Draft Malik Willis in the Lions spot at #2

The Bills will draft George Karlaftis in the 1st

My vodka bottle will have less than i started the evening with.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I was going to say the opposite. 0 QBs will be selected before pick 25, making Buffalo (and other late first round picks) an intriguing trade partner.

Only 1 QB will be selected in round 1

0 RB will be drafted in round 1

Toot Toot! That is my horn 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/26/2022 at 9:06 PM, Logic said:

- The first quarterback of the draft will be selected at pick 20 by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

- Four to five players that are commonly thought to be 2nd or later round players by "draft analysts" and appear in nobody's round one mock drafts will be drafted in round one.

- Kyle Hamilton will not be the first safety drafted

- Quay Walker will be drafted before Nakobe Dean

- Charles Cross will be drafted before Evan Neal

- Derek Stingley will be drafted before Sauce Gardner

That's crazy good

On 4/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, Big Turk said:

-3 WRs go within the top 12 picks   - 4 WR's went in the top 12. Was looking dicey as the first one didn't go til pick 8

-There is a big trade up into the top 10 from a team in the bottom of the first round(lower than pick 20) due to the cost which should be lower since more teams are looking to trade down than up.  - Close tho.  Detroit moved up from 32nd to 12 for Jameson Williams

-Bills do NOT draft at 25. They move up to 15-20 range due to the low cost to do so this year and take either a CB or WR.  - got this mostly right.  Bills did trade up, but only to 23 and they did take a CB.

think I did pretty good with mine overall...should get half credit for that Detroit move up even though they didn't get to the top 10, it was a move up 20 spots.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.