Your NFL Draft BOLD Predictions

Zerovoltz

On 4/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, Zerovoltz said:

It's almost that time.  You got something off the wall, out of the norm...something you see coming that no one else does?  get it on record here!

Here are some of mine...some bolder than others.

Malik Willis will go No.2 overall to Detroit.

The Chiefs will take OT Bernhard Raimann with their first pick (no.29)

Jameson will go no.4 overall to the Jets

Kyle Hamilton will drop out of the top 10 and go to the Texans at pick 13.

David Ojabo will still be on the board at pick 60.

Pickens is going to slide farther down the board than people think...lasting until late round 2 or early 3rd.

The Steelers will draft Desmond Ridder at pick 20.

Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi, won't be drafted at all.

...and last...maybe not bold, but probably polarizing here....With their first round pick, the Bills draft Breece Hall (Zero ducks and runs for cover!)

The Chiefs will have issues in the first round, leading to a scenario similar to the link below, letting several teams get ahead of them on picks. 

You said bold!    :)

http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1545117

On 4/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Edmunds, Epenesa, Moss, and Poyer could be considered in a trade for picks. It would suck to lose Poyer, but extending a 31 year old db to a big money long-term deal probably isn't wise.

Fwiw, I think sending some of those guys out for high picks next year and/or immediate need would be smart money.  We don’t need Epenesa and could get good value right now.  Same goes for most. 

Edmunds is the biggest trade bait but the truth is, I still feel he has huge upside somewhere and his freakish length and speed coupled with his young Age an ability to cover quick TE’s makes it difficult for me to part.  I’d rather trade all of Poyer, Epenesa and Moss easily to make room to keep a very young and talented edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/26/2022 at 9:42 PM, DrPJax said:

Great ideas! Appreciate your thoughts.  I like walker better than hall but either would be a great pick to control for 5 years plus tags and then move on as they age. Beane with brown/tasker today said more likely to move down as most value is 2-5 th rounds.  Limit on how high they would ever go up. Also they are unlikely to take medical issues In first as risk is too high and sets “ guy up to fail” !  He goes for higher floor guys Over higher ceiling as again there is less risk with higher floor players !  Sees possibility for trading players , not picks as much in this draft and sees chance for very few qbs to go in the first. Wr class is very deep and suggested impact guys in later rounds who can impact now will be there.

They do expect a first round graded player to be there at 25 as all teams have different boards. Yet he really seems ready to trade down because same grades on many players in the 30’s -40’s range. He did say more than two holes exist on this roster , including depth need so those saying trade all the picks as late rounders have no chance are incorrect. Interesting stuff on the bills podcast with brown / tasker interviewing Beane !  Don’t duck, your thoughts are just as valid as anyones !  Best wishes ! 

To the underlined I dont believe that (at least not in the first round).  His draft record clearly points to picking high ceiling low floor players in the first (see: Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau).

On 4/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, Logic said:

I was thinking about this yesterday.

The Bills have been eliminated from the playoffs two seasons in a row by a team with a super speedy wide receiver. They know firsthand how difficult it is to defend an offense that features one.

Beane's famous line is that your playoff losses show you where your team is at, and where it's deficient. They've already addressed the pass rush, but could they also be thinking that team speed on offense -- specifically a dynamic playmaker at WR that changes the way the defense has to play -- is the other big need?

McDermott recently said "there's no substitute for speed". Beane recently said "if you see another guy out there like Tyreek Hill, let me know".

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part because I love Jameson Williams and he's my number one draft crush...but could a trade-up for Williams be in the works? It would cement the Bills offense as elite for the next several years.

Please please please please....

Wow I liked the thought process and then you veered off.  We got bounced by a speedy WR so we should get a speedy CB to counter was my expectation.  I think your wishful thinking got in the way of your logic.  

5 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Given the lack of consensus on the Bills pick at #25, I'm sure TSW will love/hate the pick to a greater degree than in years past.  Hope the server is up to it.

Nahh…I think most people here recognize that this pick isn’t going to make or break the Bills. We’re past needing to hope that a rookie is going to come in and save the team. It’s a very good position to be in.

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Lol!   When has TSW ever been that rational or patient?   This place lives to second guess.

For all its faults, TSW is actually a pretty rational, thoughtful place…relatively speaking. There are a hell of a lot of smart, sophisticated fans here…

Just now, mannc said:

For all its faults, TSW is actually a pretty rational, thoughtful place…relatively speaking. There are a hell of a lot of smart, sophisticated fans here…

Man, I want some of what you're smoking!   The pool of sophisticated posters is smaller than the Madden 2022 crowd, in my experience.    Do you have a lot of posters on ignore?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

Man, I want some of what you're smoking!   The pool of sophisticated posters is smaller than the Madden 2022 crowd, in my experience.    Do you have a lot of posters on ignore?

You need to go visit the KC Chefs board for perspective.

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

You need to go visit the KC Chefs board for perspective.

All MBs have their fanatic tendancies.   I just know how TSW has historically rolled.   

Maybe some of those flamethrowing posters of old have aged out or moved on, but I suspect enough will show up tonight and tomorrow to let everyone know what a bad pick the Bills made.

• Agree 1

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

All MBs have their fanatic tendancies.   I just know how TSW has historically rolled.   

Maybe some of those flamethrowing posters of old have aged out or moved on, but I suspect enough will show up tonight and tomorrow to let everyone know what a bad pick the Bills made.

There are plenty of dopes, but there is also a fairly strong contingent of intelligent posters, some exceptional in the content they bring. That is less common relative to other boards, I think, but I am biased, of course.

Edited by Dr. Who

3 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Bring back Dunkirk Don for a week

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.