Clone Single Player 11xs to Make Best Team

BillsShredder83

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I vote Tom Brady, for offense and defense. I just want to see him get a whuppin’ and the tar beat out of him! It might look like slow motion football, but how fun would it be be see a team of Aaron Donald’s pounding it up the gut against 11 Brady’s? I’d tune in!!! Ratings thru the roof for THAT! 

I also would say Tom Brady, but only if I wanted to win it all. Can you imagine 11 Tom Brady's drawing flags? They would never have to actual complete a pass, the refs would just call a flag on the opposing team for some infraction on one of the Brady clones. With 11 to choose from there would not be a play without a defensive penalty.

• Haha (+1) 1

As the rules state "11 times to make the best team," I'm assuming that have to play offense, and defense. Anyone who simply goes for athleticism is getting it wrong. Clone a huge guy, and run it every single time. I'm going with Spencer Brown. He/they'd get three yards a play. go for it on every fourth down. Score points. On defense-- cover zero, rush five.

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

11 Josh Allen’s. Your team would have the best QB is the league, a great runner, decent receiver and a big defender who isn’t afraid of contact.  (Actually, I considered 1 player x 22 instead, made Josh a no brainer.)

I'm with you.  He's big enough to not get absolutely trucked in the trenchs.  He's definitely caught passes before so he's got some hands.  He's huge so he'll be a big target, and he can move.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, cle23 said:

Also, when Jim Brown played, he was 220 and the lineman were 240s, so it wouldn't be farfetched at all.

Defense I'm going Myles Garrett. 

Not only that but Brown has also thrown 3 TD passes in his day.  Definitely most versatile offensive player I can think of.  He was a tank and can block too.  

i chose ray lewis because he was quick, big, could tackle, rush the passer and also cover.   Plus could you imagine how 11 nasty ray lewis’ out there hawking all over? 

Edited by Aurelius

The first name I thought of before I finished reading your post was Aaron Donald 😆 

But since you already said that, I'll go with something weird & say an offense of all Gronks (assuming they're healthy). If he's got even a barely ok arm, coverage would be a nightmare, he's big enough to at least be noticed as a linemen, & big/powerful enough to get you a few yards on the ground if you need it. 

22 hours ago, mrags said:

Bo Jackson

Deion Sanders 

I might consider Bo Jackson on both side.   The most amazing athlete combining size and speed.  It was pre combine but if it existed then he may hold the record as fastest.  Rumored 4.2 40 at 250.  Played Pro baseball after so obviously a well rounded athlete.

link 

https://www.raiders.com/news/bo-knows-40-yard-dashes-20411732

Edited by since79
  • Shocked 1

other than JA who does have run/ pass/ catch TDs

The Buffalo LTs.

LaDanian Tomlinson on offense. He threw a handful of TDs on RB options, and was an underrated blocker

Lawrence Taylor on defense. The younger guys don't realize what a terror he was on defense. Excellent pas rusher, slobber knocker of a hitter and could cover if not attacking the QB.

4 hours ago, since79 said:

I might consider Bo Jackson on both side.   The most amazing athlete combining size and speed.  It was pre combine but if it existed then he may hold the record as fastest.  Rumored 4.2 40 at 250.  Played Pro baseball after so obviously a well rounded athlete.

link 

https://www.raiders.com/news/bo-knows-40-yard-dashes-20411732

Wow a ton of crazy stuff in that one. Sounds like 4.13 was most agreed on. I also didn't know, he was drafted 1 overall by TB, refused to play for them, and was re drafted by OAK (LA?) in the 7th rd! I couldn't imagine something like that happening now

As an Old Timer, and with respect to the era, I would clone 11 Cookie Gilchrist's on Offense. 

Man amongst boys, he could also handle kicking duties, and played MLB in the CFL. 

When he played, he was actually bigger than most lineman. [Cookie was 6-3 251, HOF'r Billy Shaw was 6-2 258]

Had 230 rushes and 30 catches in 1964, at a time where RB's weren't normally a big part of the passing game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.