Kay Adams leaving NFL Network for Amazon

Virgil

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Everything is true on the internet…especially blogs.

I went to HS with a well known SportsCenter Anchor.  10 years ago when she was a local news host, she was making well above $80,000.  Kay Adams a National Host making significantly less than that lol?

As I said I was very surprised by it as well as it was much lower than I expected.  We are up to 4 people now that are sure it isn't true and I absolutely agree it may not be.  It was what I found in each result and none of you have offered any other information.  Could be that the sites are all copying the same wrong information but I couldn't find anything to the contrary.

I really don't care that much to keep going back and forth though.  If you can find different I would be interested to see it.  

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

As I said I was very surprised by it as well as it was much lower than I expected.  We are up to 4 people now that are sure it isn't true and I absolutely agree it may not be.  It was what I found in each result and none of you have offered any other information.  Could be that the sites are all copying the same wrong information but I couldn't find anything to the contrary.

I really don't care that much to keep going back and forth though.  If you can find different I would be interested to see it.  

It's far safer and more accurate to assume ~$250k than believe $80k just because it's typed on a blog you can link to. The source is a general knowledge of the employment market in that industry.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It's far safer and more accurate to assume ~$250k than believe $80k just because it's typed on a blog you can link to.

Last one and I am out on this topic as it is silly and I really don't care this much.... can you find any other information other than just assumption?  I ask in all sincerity.

26 minutes ago, section122 said:

I looked it up once because I was interested in what she was paid.  She only made 80k/year hosting gmfb.  Not surprised to see her make a move.  She has name recognition and should strike while all these crazy announcing contracts are being handed out.

https://fact-files.com/kay-adams-wiki/

That's like minimum wage in NYC.

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

Last one and I am out on this topic as it is silly and I really don't care this much.... can you find any other information other than just assumption?  I ask in all sincerity.

No. There is nothing but assumption and bad info. But you need to be able to recognize bad info as bad info.

However, personally knowing people in the industry, and knowing what some other regional and national broadcasters make (example: Rick Jeanneret's about $250k), I would feel safe assuming on this trivial topic that she makes 6-figures, in the hundredS of thousands of dollars. And that no one of that stature makes less than $100k.

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough. All the sites that come up in google are equally untrustworthy. Just seems way low. I'd expect $175k-250k for a fulltime, national gig.

However, I guess if it is only for GMFB, I guess I could see that if it is considered a part-time gig and she does other hosting/tv gigs as well. Like, if the guys are actually doing the research and pre-planning meetings, and she's just showing up for a few hours to read from the teleprompter and keep the topics moving, then maybe.

I bet even that is low. Ex-jocks who can barely form a sentence get paid a fortune to say stupid things on Sundays get paid a fortune! One (unreliable) source I found has Booger McFarland making $2Mil/year, and he’s the biggest Booger on TV! 

I still haven’t gotten over his support for the crack back blocking penalty call on Cody Ford. Yes, it’s personal! 

11 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Kay Adams is weird to me...I feel like she's a total smokeshow and yet completely overrated at the same time.  I don't know if there's any other female on Earth I feel that way about 

I’m sure every other female on earth is quite relieved!  :)

• Haha (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Everything is true on the internet…especially blogs.

I went to HS with a well known SportsCenter Anchor.  10 years ago when she was a local news host, she was making well above $80,000.  Kay Adams a National Host making significantly less than that lol?

Your telling me the local news guy on channel 2 or 4 (if your in Buffalo), is making over 80k a year? Not saying your wrong, I’m just shocked if that’s true. I always felt that was maybe what the head anchors were making. I can’t believe a local news channel shells out that much for a position they could easily replace with the next person out of college who pursued journalism.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.