Kay Adams leaving NFL Network for Amazon

Virgil

On 7/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, T master said:

She has also taken her talents to commercials i saw her on a TV commercial last night i can't remember what the commercial was about because i was so enamored with checking out how hot she was i didn't even pay attention to what she was trying to sell i guess there is a down fall to putting a hot on those commercials ! 😍

Evidently it was for Grammarly

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, hemma said:

They lost the chemistry.

Watch their reactions and you can tell they’re forcing.

Some of these new segments they are trying are gawd awful…wErdhl or whatever the hell it was, ouch.  Hopefully this new crew finds their stride come the start of the season but for now I’m glad I only have this show on in the background.

Michael Robinson was just such a no-brainer, you almost wonder if he didn’t want the full-time chair?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I tried watching but decided drying paint was better

I watched the first episode with the new crew and haven’t watched since.  Maybe I’ll watch Monday after the first week of preseason games, not that they matter. 

That first episode seemed like they were trying to make it a partial game show competition, like something ESPN would do.  Or Jimmy Fallon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:42 AM, BobbyC81 said:

I watched the first episode with the new crew and haven’t watched since.  Maybe I’ll watch Monday after the first week of preseason games, not that they matter. 

That first episode seemed like they were trying to make it a partial game show competition, like something ESPN would do.  Or Jimmy Fallon.

Yeah I felt the same, but gave them the benefit of the doubt.  I won’t watch the entire episode but probably around 1/2 of every episode. 

It’s only been 2 weeks, but they don’t seem to be getting better.  If I’m KB and schrags, I’d be trying to capitalize on my current value and as much money as they can.  

It’s as if they’re a star WR and their team just let their star QB and HC go to other teams and replace them with Josh Rosen and Urban Meyer.  They’re value will only decrease from here imo….unless, NFLN pulls the plug before it gets worse.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s nearly impossible to pull the plug on Jamie Erdahl already….but they should.  

She’s not the one.  Never will be.  

Yep, tried to watch the show some this week and she is just bad.  Not her fault, I guess, but wow, what an awful choice.

• Agree 1

Writing was on the wall once Nate left. As someone else said, chemistry has been off ever since. They could’ve recovered had Kay stayed on, but evidently doing nothing was more important. I think she’s probably kicking herself for leaving after seemingly overplaying her hand with Amazon and them choosing someone else. I’m willing to give the new crew a chance to see if they can get in a groove, but we’ll see. Personally, I think Jason McCourty was a worse choice than Erdhal. The guy is so robotic and uninteresting. A total doorknob. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Writing was on the wall once Nate left. As someone else said, chemistry has been off ever since. They could’ve recovered had Kay stayed on, but evidently doing nothing was more important. I think she’s probably kicking herself for leaving after seemingly overplaying her hand with Amazon and them choosing someone else. I’m willing to give the new crew a chance to see if they can get in a groove, but we’ll see. Personally, I think Jason McCourty was a worse choice than Erdhal. The guy is so robotic and uninteresting. A total doorknob. 

It takes time.  You got to nurture and let them grow us a group.  The problem is everyone is looking at the replacements to be Kay and Nate.   Jamie and Jason need to be themselves and bring fresh value to this team.   It is like when people say I want Josh Allen to be Jim Kelly.  It is insane. I want Josh Allen to be Josh Allen.  that is his legacy to this organization.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

Gave the show another chance today.  The 2nd hour was horrible with all the gimmicky segments, very similar to ESPN’s PTI with the goofy heads superimposed, etc.  The 3rd hour was more back to the way it used to be.  They made a comment that they also have a new staff.  Someone decided they needed to change for some reason and not much is for the better.

Of course, half the reason to watch was Kay Adams.

It will be interesting to see if the two vets (Brandt and Schrager like the new format enough to stick around or not.  

On 8/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, NewEra said:

Both fails.  

Collen Wolfe and Michael Robinson was such an easy decision.  They failed and might not recover 

They used to have chemistry, as if they were all good friend which I believe they were.  Nate Burleson was the loss that started the slide.  Michael Robinson was a great replacement, but too bad he didn’t stick with the new cast.

Yeah, Kay was easy on the eyes, very easy.  She did start to get stiff at the end, was difficult to watch.  

The new cast is terrible.  Schrager was always solid, and still is.  Brandt was the goof of the team, and is now trying way too hard to bail out a sinking ship.  Erdahl could be good, but is out of her element.  McCourty is absolutely unwatchable.  

GMFB was must see TV, especially on Monday’s during the season.  Can’t watch it now.  Too bad because they were absolutely fantastic, breath of fresh air in a talking-head industry.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2022 at 9:31 AM, ganesh said:

It is like when people say I want Josh Allen to be Jim Kelly.  It is insane. I want Josh Allen to be Josh Allen.  that is his legacy to this organization.  Go Bills !

People actually say this?  Why????

• Like (+1) 1

I have it on at the office most days.  It's fine.  I don't mind Erdahl, but McCourty seems out of his element early on.  

Like anything though, it requires chemistry.. It will also help when they actually have real football to talk about.  

10 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Gave the show another chance today.  The 2nd hour was horrible with all the gimmicky segments, very similar to ESPN’s PTI with the goofy heads superimposed, etc.  The 3rd hour was more back to the way it used to be.  They made a comment that they also have a new staff.  Someone decided they needed to change for some reason and not much is for the better.

Of course, half the reason to watch was Kay Adams.

It will be interesting to see if the two vets (Brandt and Schrager like the new format enough to stick around or not.  

It pains me to say this cuz I loved the show the way it was and with Kay.

Now? It simply sucks..

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, davefan66 said:

They used to have chemistry, as if they were all good friend which I believe they were.  Nate Burleson was the loss that started the slide.  Michael Robinson was a great replacement, but too bad he didn’t stick with the new cast.

Yeah, Kay was easy on the eyes, very easy.  She did start to get stiff at the end, was difficult to watch.  

The new cast is terrible.  Schrager was always solid, and still is.  Brandt was the goof of the team, and is now trying way too hard to bail out a sinking ship.  Erdahl could be good, but is out of her element.  McCourty is absolutely unwatchable.  

GMFB was must see TV, especially on Monday’s during the season.  Can’t watch it now.  Too bad because they were absolutely fantastic, breath of fresh air in a talking-head industry.

I have a friend who works in TV production here in the UK. He always says that when you have a smash hit and there is a major cast change there is no in between stage. Your smash hit goes to suckitude. Of all the early morning formats that NFLN has tried over the years GMFB was the smash hit success. But it makes replacing that original crew and maintaining any level of success darn near impossible because even if the show doesn't completely suck in and of its own right it does suck compared to what came before. And that is always the way it will be viewed. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have a friend who works in TV production here in the UK. He always says that when you have a smash hit and there is a major cast change there is no in between stage. Your smash hit goes to suckitude. Of all the early morning formats that NFLN has tried over the years GMFB was the smash hit success. But it makes replacing that original crew and maintaining any level of success darn near impossible because even if the show doesn't completely suck in and of its own right it does suck compared to what came before. And that is always the way it will be viewed. 

Maybe.. Not to get political, simply ratings-wise speaking.. The Five on Fox is a massive hit.  They had a major shake up with Juan Williams leaving the show and the ratings have gone up with his replacement(s).  

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Maybe.. Not to get political, simply ratings-wise speaking.. The Five on Fox is a massive hit.  They had a major shake up with Juan Williams leaving the show and the ratings have gone up with his replacement(s).  

Adding Shaq to NBA Countdown 

Those singing competition shows have new hosts/judges every year

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.