Kay Adams leaving NFL Network for Amazon

Virgil

If Kay Adams wasn’t easy on the eyes you guys wouldn’t give a sht that she’s leaving. She’s the least knowledgeable member of the panel, she’s there to facilitate transitions from one topic to the next. Her football knowledge is less than most of TBD posters and it’s obvious with her takes that are whatever the prevailing Twitter opinion is. She’s going to flame out on Amazon but she will stick around for a long time since they have deep pockets and can afford to carry the dead weight

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

If Kay Adams wasn’t easy on the eyes you guys wouldn’t give a sht that she’s leaving. She’s the least knowledgeable member of the panel, she’s there to facilitate transitions from one topic to the next. Her football knowledge is less than most of TBD posters and it’s obvious with her takes that are whatever the prevailing Twitter opinion is. She’s going to flame out on Amazon but she will stick around for a long time since they have deep pockets and can afford to carry the dead weight

Sorry, I just pictured her in sweats and a hoodie, then spaced out. 

What did you say?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Shes is like 90 lbs, that’s not much dead weight…A&E could carry that.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

fast forward 4-5 years from now when shes hosting NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on Fox Sports 2 Mountain West

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

What's wrong with some eye candy while bantering about football?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One of the things I like about Kay, amongst many others I like, is that she doesn’t use that fake weird man sports voice you typically hear with like Beth Mowins. I know they teach that in these sports journalism programs and I hate it. 

Not sure what you mean. Beth Mowins is unique for women commentators in that regard. That's her actual voice.

Every other woman commentator sounds like a woman.

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not sure what you mean. Beth Mowins is unique for women commentators in that regard. That's her actual voice.

Every other woman commentator sounds like a woman.

In broadcast journalism schools they teach people to work their voice in a deeper tone. It comes off fake and annoying to me. I like that Kay, and for that matter the other people on That show sound like they are using “normal” voices. To me that is part of the appeal of Kay. 

I think lots will be leaving NFL Network since NFL Network lost games. 

I actually added  sports tier which had NFL network as well as a lot of other channels I do not watch because many of the Bills games were on NFL Network at end of last year and I was working 60 hour work weeks and I could not take Thursday off without losing 5 hours of OT pay.

Sure I watched some replays of games since my network provider Verizon FIOS only allows you to record shows using their VCR which you need to rent and when you stop paying for service you lose everything you have recorded but not sure it is worth it.  We are even considering disconnecting TV service except if you do that they raise the cost of other services due to "bundling" so much you save very little.  Will even cost me money to stop carrying sports tier (a tier which does not even have ESPN).

On 5/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, RunTheBall said:

She’s a host. You said it yourself…..she’s there to facilitate transitions and She does a good job of doing just that. She’s not there to flex knowledge.  If she were dead weight, Amazon wouldn’t have paid her. They think she did a good job.  Most of nfl nation thinks she did job of “hosting” the show.    

• Like (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.