Kay Adams leaving NFL Network for Amazon

Virgil

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

She seemed to be mailing it in for a while now. 

this.  It appears she lost interest once the team was broken up (when Nate left for CBS). 

May be Kyle and Peter can pull it off like  Mike & Mike did for over 15 years

Edited by ganesh
  • Agree 2

On 4/26/2022 at 6:20 PM, PetermansRedemption said:

Your telling me the local news guy on channel 2 or 4 (if your in Buffalo), is making over 80k a year? Not saying your wrong, I’m just shocked if that’s true. I always felt that was maybe what the head anchors were making. I can’t believe a local news channel shells out that much for a position they could easily replace with the next person out of college who pursued journalism.

Years ago there was a lead anchor for one of the local stations, she was making over $200,000.  New company bought the station, and it was heavily suggested that she "retire". (my source was a family member that worked at the station)

On 4/26/2022 at 5:36 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough. All the sites that come up in google are equally untrustworthy. Just seems way low. I'd expect $175k-250k for a fulltime, national gig.

However, I guess if it is only for GMFB, I guess I could see that if it is considered a part-time gig and she does other hosting/tv gigs as well. Like, if the guys are actually doing the research and pre-planning meetings, and she's just showing up for a few hours to read from the teleprompter and keep the topics moving, then maybe.

many national media do t get as much as you might think.  Secondary folks are lucky to get 6 figure salary.  In media there is a big income divide between the stars and the secondary folks.  Idont know how their contracts are done where they can do other gigs thry make more.  Or if you think like a nation news tv correspondent like onsayABC might get paid more if they are also doing story work for nightline or 20/20, if they say get to host national news or get a hosing gig fir a day on GMA they might make extra

sort of like weekly practice squad money vs being avpcti acted fir a game and get a game check that week.

On 4/26/2022 at 5:11 PM, Virgil said:

Apparently her contract is up in May and she’s going to Amazon. Between Amazon and Apple, I feel NFL viewing options are really going to change.  I’m good with that, so long as it doesn’t exclude people from watching certain games because they don’t have the right subscriptions.  

As for Kay leaving, I will miss her.  She pulled off the hoodie look very well and I thought mixed well with the other hosts.  I’ll still watch for Kyle 

The subscription issue is real.  Some people can afford to subscribe to every service necessary to see all the games in a season as the NFL contracts with more subscription based providers, but some can't.  As it happens, I can probably see NFL games on Amazon Prime through my daughter's subscription.  I am on a fixed income and my wife and I have to be careful with our expenditures.  We cut the cable a few months ago.  We were going to have to pay like $180 to Spectrum for internet and cable.  We went with a competitor for high speed internet at $50 a month My wife has a modestly priced streaming service for a couple channels she especially likes.  Otherwise, we're depending on free streaming services and a roof antenna.  I already know that I won't be able to see the Bills vs. Tennessee because it's on ESPN.  If my daughter wasn't an Amazon Prime subscriber, I would miss the December 1st game at New England.

I'm not asking for pity.  We made a choice on how to allocate limited resources.  The thing is, there are probably significant numbers of persons who will be affected by the migration of NFL games to subscription based broadcasters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Btw was that really her posting on this board?

F no.  Some guy used her name. 

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

"Wherever you go next" they don't want to mention Amazon?

they hinted at something about broadcasting and Brady.  

Maybe they had an agreement to not mention the “competition”

though her contract was up 🤷‍♂️ ??

26 minutes ago, TBBills said:

"Wherever you go next" they don't want to mention Amazon?

Bezos was on vacation and couldn't get his written consent to say amazon on gmfb.  Would have been a major lawsuit.

I joke but that's the world we live in now and I'm sure most people would believe it. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

A couple of things as I watched this, and I'm sure I'm wrong...

1 - Anyone get the vibe that maybe Kyle and her don't really get along?

2 - Unless the money to Amazon was crazy, I don't understand how you leave what is arguably one of the best NFL shows on.  Shouldn't the goal be to join this show?  I can't say I understand, unless it's just wanting to do something new 6 years later.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

2 - Unless the money to Amazon was crazy, I don't understand how you leave what is arguably one of the best NFL shows on.  Shouldn't the goal be to join this show?  I can't say I understand, unless it's just wanting to do something new 6 years later.

isn't that the gist of things? 

Work 5 years, move on, repeat. 

Only to realize it was pretty good 

Who’s to say the next isn’t going to be good? 

She certainly has the talent 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Money is likely crazy and only has to host the TNF game instead of being on TV every morning. 

Id take that in a heartbeat. I know there will be more to it but doing a daily TV show probably wears on you.  Working behind the scenes and doing potshots here and there for amazon sounds like a reduced workload for same or better money. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

isn't that the gist of things? 

Work 5 years, move on, repeat. 

Only to realize it was pretty good 

Who’s to say the next isn’t going to be good? 

She certainly has the talent 

From what I've seen of the next job, it feels like so much less exposure.  Isn't exposure the goal? 

I don't know these things.  I just hope the replacement isn't terrible

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

From what I've seen of the next job, it feels like so much less exposure.  Isn't exposure the goal? 

I don't know these things.  I just hope the replacement isn't terrible

dcbaeffb-6bdc-4ebd-a722-7bd436538824_tex

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.