Kay Adams leaving NFL Network for Amazon

Virgil

Apparently her contract is up in May and she’s going to Amazon. Between Amazon and Apple, I feel NFL viewing options are really going to change.  I’m good with that, so long as it doesn’t exclude people from watching certain games because they don’t have the right subscriptions.  

As for Kay leaving, I will miss her.  She pulled off the hoodie look very well and I thought mixed well with the other hosts.  I’ll still watch for Kyle 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ugh!!  Please no Rachel Bonnetta!!!  That will be the beginning of the end for GMF.  She’s 💩 

agreed. i'd also like them to permanently fill burlesons slot with Michael Robinson, and not just because he's a huge bills homer. I always enjoy his insight and presence on the show. i also like O'Hara.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

agreed. i'd also like them to permanently fill burlesons slot with Michael Robinson, and not just because he's a huge bills homer. I always enjoy his insight and presence on the show. i also like O'Hara.

Agreed.  Been hoping for a Robinson (obv).  He and O’Hara are the best for sure.  I’d be fine with all men, but that’s probably not allowed in 2022.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

I think we are all in agreement on the perfect replacement….Rachel Bush.

Just now, section122 said:

I looked it up once because I was interested in what she was paid.  She only made 80k/year hosting gmfb.  Not surprised to see her make a move.  She has name recognition and should strike while all these crazy announcing contracts are being handed out.

https://fact-files.com/kay-adams-wiki/

LOL…she’s not just making $80,000.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we are all in agreement on the perfect replacement….Rachel Bush.

LOL…she’s not just making $80,000.

Did you check the link?  I was just as shocked.  She has an estimated net worth of a million from her different gigs but yeah that's all gmfb paid her.  Unless you can find otherwise...

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Apparently her contract is up in May and she’s going to Amazon. Between Amazon and Apple, I feel NFL viewing options are really going to change.  I’m good with that, so long as it doesn’t exclude people from watching certain games because they don’t have the right subscriptions.  

As for Kay leaving, I will miss her.  She pulled off the hoodie look very well and I thought mixed well with the other hosts.  I’ll still watch for Kyle 

Is she going more pop culture or heading up Amazons NFL coverage.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You mean the wordpress blog?

I mean you guys could simply google and provide other evidence... lol.  I said I was surprised by it but each result has that figure listed.  I even went back through before posting to verify I wasn't just misremembering ala Roger Clemens.

• Like (+1) 2

You are acting like this link is completely accurate.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Check the link … lol…

It’s on the internet so it must be true 

I'm completely open to being wrong.  I really don't mind. lol  Just shooting the ***** here offering what I found as I was very surprised that it was that low.  Again its what I saw and don't see anything else reported elsewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, section122 said:

I mean you guys could simply google and provide other evidence... lol.  I said I was surprised by it but each result has that figure listed.  I even went back through before posting to verify I wasn't just misremembering ala Roger Clemens.

Everything is true on the internet…especially blogs.

I went to HS with a well known SportsCenter Anchor.  10 years ago when she was a local news host, she was making well above $80,000.  Kay Adams a National Host making significantly less than that lol?

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Fair enough. All the sites that come up in google are equally untrustworthy. Just seems way low. I'd expect $175k-250k for a fulltime, national gig.

However, I guess if it is only for GMFB, I guess I could see that if it is considered a part-time gig and she does other hosting/tv gigs as well. Like, if the guys are actually doing the research and pre-planning meetings, and she's just showing up for a few hours to read from the teleprompter and keep the topics moving, then maybe.

Everything is true on the internet…especially blogs.

I went to HS with a well known SportsCenter Anchor.  10 years ago when she was a local news host, she was making well above $80,000.  Kay Adams a National Host making significantly less than that lol?

Yeah, exactly my thinking as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.