Bills pick up Ed Oliver’s 5th yr option

nato7412

6 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

“Pounding the Table for Ed Oliver”

I disagree, he doesn't have the home run speed to take a 5 yard sack for a 60 yard TD.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What? Why? It's a no brainer. 

How many downvotes did he get before deleting that post?

Edited by 1ManRaid

7 hours ago, nato7412 said:

Excellent news!

He was the one and only player I wanted that draft. 

Moved back to Buffalo from Houston that year and got to watch Ed a few times - saw so much potential. He has lots of room to grow!

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Weren't you team "we should have drafted DK Metcalf over Ed Oliver", or am I mistaking you with someone else?

You are conflating Ed Oliver and Cody Ford.........which is a pretty big mixup.

Let me know when I am proven wrong about my post draft take that trading up for and selecting Cody Ford (because "we need a tackle") was a bad move.

Rule of thumb......if I said it.......it's almost always right.

Like the Star Lotulelei contract.   I didn't forget your Star excuses.   I just chose to not rub it in the faces of you and some notable other Star defenders when they unceremoniously dumped hizass.  ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, WMDman said:

lock him up early before his breakout season playing with von

Picking up the 5th year option was a no-brainer but Oliver isn't the type of player I would pay a year early. The best stretch of his career came over the last couple months of the most recent season; before that he was more up and down. I'd like to see him play at that level for a full season before I give him the kind of extension reserved for franchise cornerstones.

Edited by HappyDays

16 hours ago, Philo said:

At least one titled "Can we talk about Ed Oliver?"

I was just in high level meetings and heard…

Let me float something…

Mods if this topic is already in another thread….

Seriously, this a no brained in that he has steadily improved for three years and the more talent around him will result in steadily improved play this year.  Between Settle or Jackson next to him internally, and Von and Rousseau on the outside will make him penetrate even more collapsing pockets.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think I saw a random stat somewhere about how oliver had 4 sacks called back this year due to penalties by db’s. I dunno how many that is relative to the average DT, but it sure does seem like a big stroke of bad luck. 

… and those 4 extra sacks seem to matchup way better with what my eyes were telling me. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

18 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I got lots of funny faces... Look... I would of extended him right away... He is going to have Shaq on one side and a guy named Von. My point... pay him now because Olivers stats are going to explode this year with those faces around him on this team... Its not that I dont like ED... its just that I dont want to over pay next year

read up I should of explained it more.

Where's your original post? 🤔

As for the original comment, may I humbly differ by suggesting you, and the horse Ed rode in on.

54 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think I saw a random star somewhere about how he had 4 sacks called back this year due to penalties by db’s. I dunno how many that is relative to the average DT, but it sure does seem like a big stroke of bad luck. 

… and those 4 extra sacks seem to matchup way better with what my eyes were telling me. 

He played well the first half of 2021. Was his best football as a Bill IMO. He fell off down the stretch post covid, was probably never quite back to himself. Overall his signing was a lot of money for a lot of meh. He wasn't a disaster. But he wasn't worth what we paid him overall either. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He played well the first half of 2021. Was his best football as a Bill IMO. He fell off down the stretch post covid, was probably never quite back to himself. Overall his signing was a lot of money for a lot of meh. He wasn't a disaster. But he wasn't worth what we paid him overall either. 

That was meant to say “random STAT” and it was about Oliver. Sorry. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let me know when I am proven wrong

Rule of thumb......if I said it.......it's almost always right.

These two comments sum you up perfectly.

It’s gotta be absolutely amazing to never be wrong once in your entire life. And so humble, too!

Incredible.

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

These two comments sum you up perfectly.

It’s gotta be absolutely amazing to never be wrong once in your entire life. And so humble, too!

Incredible.

Interestingly enough, Badol is right almost all of the time. So, yet again he is right about that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Interestingly enough, Badol is right almost all of the time. So, yet again he is right about that.

“Almost” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. I can certainly think of some instances…

Now if you said he always THINKS he’s right….truer words have never been spoken.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.