Bills pick up Ed Oliver’s 5th yr option

nato7412

Good deal - glad for both Ed & the Bills. Oliver is enormously talented & sometimes looked dominant the second half of last season. I hope that "getting paid" will not mean that Ed lets up - let's hope that Oliver is a man motivated by winning & money -- not just the $$$.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I got lots of funny faces... Look... I would of extended him right away... He is going to have Shaq on one side and a guy named Von. My point... pay him now because Olivers stats are going to explode this year with those faces around him on this team... Its not that I dont like ED... its just that I dont want to over pay next year

read up I should of explained it more.

But there is no way they extend him for LESS than $10M/yr. So with the 5th year, he gets a nice pay bump, the team gets some savings, and both sides get a little more time to work on an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Still not as good as Kyle Williams.

Oliver is good, but he shouldn't be getting elite money. 10/yr is about right.

In Kyle's first three years he had 4 sacks and 150 tackles.  Oliver has 12 sacks and 117 tackles.  I do think Oliver has not played as well as Williams did at his peak.  But so far Oliver has progressed nicely.  I didn't like the pick at the time and after Oakland selected Quinnen WIlliams early, I thought Beane should have made a move up for Josh Allen or TJ Hockenson.   But with Kyle retiring and Beane drafting for need as he does and should, Oliver made sense and he has steadily improved.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've approved of all of Beane's 1st round picks.

But you knew that.

Be who you want to be. :thumbsup:

Weren't you team "we should have drafted DK Metcalf over Ed Oliver", or am I mistaking you with someone else?

4 hours ago, WMDman said:

lock him up early before his breakout season playing with von

Would love to see it, but I can't see Ed betting against himself and locking in a below-market deal right now... and if he's not willing to do that, it doesn't make sense to do the deal from Beane's side.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What? Why? It's a no brainer. 

You may have answered the question with the “no brainer” portion of your question…

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Beane and company obviously see the potential for Oliver to explode this year alongside Von Miller.

But either way he's been a good player. Not quite elite, but could get there and he's played alongside crap when you consider the overall pass rush the last few years.

100% agree... thats why i want to sign him now before he gets to expensive and not just extend and wait and see....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.