Do we make the pick at 25? Trade? (Poll)

KDIGGZ

Do we make the pick at 25? Place your bets  

189 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen round 1

Make the pick at 25 is my guess. But if they trade, I wouldn’t guess it would be back but forward as we are in “ Win now” mode. 
    It makes no sense to use all our picks if we don’t have realistic expectations of keeping them. 
    I do like the idea of taking the punter in the 6 th round of he’s there, otherwise your drafting camp bodies or practice squad guys who might get poached.

I think Beane stays put because finding a trade partner to move up for teams that need help in a year when QB is the strongest can be difficult unless you give up significant assets. Also, while it could be a RB - the CB pool is deep and 25 is a good spot for that position in this Draft. Moreover, Beane will need a few players on Rookie salary contracts that can play after handing out the contracts this year, so while I do NOT think he wants a 9 player Draft because you only have so many roster spots, I DO think he wants 3 strong starters from the Draft that he doesn't have to consider for salary or contracts for 4-5 years. CB / LB / and believe it or not, probably Safety. 

RB, IMHO, is one that Beane sees as able to get complementary skill sets to either Motor or Moss in a middle round. We talk about Offensive Line on this board, but Saffold is a near guarantee at one spot, and that Morse is locked in on an extension with Dawkins on one end and 2nd year Brown on the other. With Ryan Bates in the likely Guard position, that means all the musical chairs for this year are taken. IMHO, Beane would be looking at O-line next Draft for early to mid-round unless Doyle really develops this year (completely possible). With all of that said, I just don't see the reason to trade up or back given where this team is....they need a good to great CB and probably another guy like a T. Johnson, a speedy RB, depth at LB and then another Safety development player. If I could post positions to come out just as I would prefer:

1. CB

2. LB

3. CB

4. RB (speed)

5. Punter

19 hours ago, Augie said:

This is one of those situations where I can’t have an opinion without having more information. 

Wait….we’re supposed to have information before forming an opinion?  That’s unAmerican! 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, mrags said:

The bolded is another reason why they may trade out of one of their early picks. And I’ll admit I don’t know this but I’m sore it wouldn’t be hard to look it up. I’m just not going to bother doing it. But…. If they were going to struggle signing their draft picks, wouldn’t it make sense that they would eliminate some of that struggle by removing a 2nd first round pick off their payroll? What is the expected cost of a player at pick 7? Again, I don’t know if it would even be that big of an issue, but it does warrant being talked about. 

or they could just cut Bradberry (CB) and save 10M to create that space then replace him by drafting either Sauce or Stingley Jr whichever makes it to them at pick 5 or 7...but I am sure they would love to draft an OT to better protect Brown first and foremost.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.