Do we make the pick at 25? Trade? (Poll)

KDIGGZ

Do we make the pick at 25? Place your bets  

189 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen round 1

The Bills are slated to pick at #25 overall. As per BBB himself, they only have roughly 20 players with 1st round grades. It's also supposed to be a historically deep draft with a lot of good talent in the middle rounds.

Based on this, do you think we try to TRADE UP to get one of those top 20 guys, wait it out until 25 and hopefully someone falls to us, or TRADE BACK and collect more middle round picks?

Edited by KDIGGZ

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I always love reading the "historically deep draft" statements year after year after year.  I think there have been about 15 consecutive historically deep drafts in a row...it's amazing!!!!! 

I think they are saying because of Covid a lot of guys opted out the previous year and then came back to finish their eligibility but yes it seems like every year is a deep draft but this one maybe more than most

draftek.com for the pick values - example trading-up from first-round #25 costs a second-rounder to get as high as pick #15.

only players Bills would trade-up for would be Hamilton (S) or J Williams (WR) with Hamilton my choice based on ability, scheme and aging key players.

reading that its not a top-heavy talented draft, Bils don't have 32 players with first-round grades, no franchise qbs, and beware of the rest of the CBs after the studs Sauce and Stingley in the first-round...all of which possibly means teams may consider trading-down more than up....so if Hamilton drops to mid-first round I would hope Beano moves some chips to the center of the table.

if we trade down, Detroit last pick of first round, or Sea overall picks 40-41, in that case I see CB-WR-RB being the top three choices, just not sure of the order.

Mid-late rounds - usual G and TE pick, supposed to be good quality at LB this year, Stoudt P from PSU, second-best after the stud from SDSU would be nice in the 6th round.

Edited by First Round Bust

1 minute ago, First Round Bust said:

draftek.com for the pick values - example trading-up from first-round #25 costs a second-rounder to get as high as pick #15.

only players Bills would trade-up for would be Hamilton (S) or J Williams (WR) with Hamilton my choice based on ability, scheme and aging key players.

Poyer and a pick to go up to 7 for Hamilton? Poyer gets his $, the Giants get a leader on defense to build around, and Bills get a dynamic and cheaper replacement for the next 5 years

• Dislike 1

I think we move up to 18-21

or trade back to 30-40 if the price is too high to move up and we miss the guys we targeted. 

I don’t think there will be a player worthy of 25 on the board when we pick…..unless they think Kyler Gordon or Dax Hill  is their guy.  I’d rather move back then take them at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Poyer and a pick to go up to 7 for Hamilton? Poyer gets his $, the Giants get a leader on defense to build around, and Bills get a dynamic and cheaper replacement for the next 5 years

giants dont have the cap to take on Poyer's 10M salary, they have to do more in-house salary cap fixing as it is and I dont see Poyer's dollars fitting at least for this season

If we do get Hamilton, he would be a part-time role player first season, big-nickel primarily as McClappy does not start rooks at least until mid-season and he would study and fill in for Poyer, unless Poyer and Rose-In-House go ballistic and launch the trade bomb request then he would get more reps with J Johnson or Hamlin, not sure which young vet would be the incumbent at FS.

2 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

giants dont have the cap to take on Poyer's 10M salary, they have to do more in-house salary cap fixing as it is and I dont see Poyer's dollars fitting at least for this season

Giants could restructure Poyer long term with minimal cap hit year 1. Also release Bradbury so we can sign him on the cheap!

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just doing some math:

Trade back with Seattle: get #40, 41 (value=192), give up #25 and #89 (value=193)

Trade back with Giants:

Get #36 and #67 (Value= 162)

Give up #25 and #130 (Value=170)

Not good for us but we then have 2 picks each in rounds 2 and 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.