Anti-pick (Who do you not want to see?)

DasNootz

On 4/26/2022 at 11:34 AM, DasNootz said:

I'm interested to see what player you're really adverse to picking that you're currently seeing mocked to the Bills.  

Mine is Kaiir Elam who I think takes too many penalties and is a mediocre tackler.  With a run of CBs early, there's a chance he's the best available CB if we don't move up - at that point I really hope we go with another position.

This didn't age well.  I will happily be proven wrong!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I mean, c’mon.  I had to

….. sigh. Why does this happen?

oh well.  He’ll be a good player.  I don’t doubt that.  I’m just shocked that they drafted a corner that tackles like he does.  He fits what they like and he has wheels.  I’m sure I’ll be very happy about the player once he improves.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

….. sigh. Why does this happen?

oh well.  He’ll be a good player.  I don’t doubt that.  I’m just shocked that they drafted a corner that tackles like he does.  He fits what they like and he has wheels.  I’m sure I’ll be very happy about the player once he improves.  

If there’s one position I have faith in McD to make the most out of, it’s DB.  I like his speed and I’m sure he will be fine.  We can honestly now just go BPA for the rest of the draft.  

I think we go LB and TE next, probably a punter, another DB, and. WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Virgil said:

If there’s one position I have faith in McD to make the most out of, it’s DB.  I like his speed and I’m sure he will be fine.  We can honestly now just go BPA for the rest of the draft.  

I think we go LB and TE next, probably a punter, another DB, and. WR

I really hope we stay away from LB unless its Troy Anderson.  I’d MUCH rather have a Wr, RB or OL.  Would be nice if we had our 4th round to to maneuver up to mid 2nd……. Siiiiiiiiigh.  Traded up for elam….. 🧱 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we stay away from LB unless its Troy Anderson.  I’d MUCH rather have a Wr, RB or OL.  Would be nice if we had our 4th round to to maneuver up to mid 2nd……. Siiiiiiiiigh.  Traded up for elam….. 🧱 

They met with a ton of Day 2 linebackers.  I wonder if they plan to let Edmunds walk and give the kid a year to learn the system, maybe play some OLB this year.   

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They met with a ton of Day 2 linebackers.  I wonder if they plan to let Edmunds walk and give the kid a year to learn the system, maybe play some OLB this year.   

Yeah, could definitely be the case.  The rest of our draft could certainly be drafting Edmunds, Poyers and Saffolds eventual replacements. 

Glad we got a big fast corner without t-Rex arms though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, could definitely be the case.  The rest of our draft could certainly be drafting Edmunds, Poyers and Saffolds eventual replacements. 

Glad we got a big fast corner without t-Rex arms though 

Just watching him cover crossing routes sealed why McD wants him.  

Also, looks like he has not problems tackling to me. 

When I read the scouting report, it started by saying he’s great at press in zone coverages.  If that’s not a scheme fit, I don’t know what is 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Just watching him cover crossing routes sealed why McD wants him.  

Also, looks like he has not problems tackling to me. 

When I read the scouting report, it started by saying he’s great at press in zone coverages.  If that’s not a scheme fit, I don’t know what is 

He’s great in coverage.  No problems there.

you’re watching highlights…..of course you don’t see problems with tackling.  

he is a scheme fit.  I agree.  I don’t hate the player.  I just really liked other players more and hate that we traded up for him.  Def would’ve loved to have Booth or Hill.  But McD can make it work. He’ll be a fine player for us as long as he improves his tackling.  Which he should 

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s great in coverage.  No problems there.

you’re watching highlights…..of course you don’t see problems with tackling.  

What else am I supposed to watch, actual film 🤢🤮

• Haha (+1) 3

For what its worth, his tackling issues seem to be technique related. He can be coached on his technique. He has the desire to be better. I see a guy with a very high ceiling and willing attitude. Plus, he can start out of the gate and will keep getting better with age.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

For what its worth, his tackling issues seem to be technique related. He can be coached on his technique. He has the desire to be better. I see a guy with a very high ceiling and willing attitude. Plus, he can start out of the gate and will keep getting better with age.

McD turned an undrafted free agent in Levi Wallace into a capable starting corner, T.Johnson into a stud slot corner, early returns on Dane are solid and T.White turned out to be an All-Pro. I trust they know how to find corners that fit their system.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

McD turned an undrafted free agent in Levi Wallace into a capable starting corner, T.Johnson into a stud slot corner, early returns on Dane are solid and T.White turned out to be an All-Pro. I trust they know how to find corners that fit their system.

Agree - many thought that they can coach up a low round pick but can't coach up better tackling technique.  You can teach tackling, can't teach speed.

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think they come away with Anderson or Brandon Smith somewhere in the draft. I like both. I like Chenal too. But Andersen and Smith fit the prototype. I love Smith. I get why a lot of people don't. 

D'Marco Jackson seems like their type as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was surprised that Beane had Elam so highly picked on their board & was willing to trade up for him i didn't see that one coming !

I thought from the talk the kid from Clemson was a better fit all around for the Bills but i trust what Beane decides he hasn't really missed a lot to this point .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.