Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Again, don't be shocked if he's a former Buffalo Bill after tomorrow night.

Makes too much sense especially if there is any real steam behind the rumors that the Bills want to trade up into the top 10. Edmunds may be the perfect asset to help facilitate that type of trade especially since he does have perceived value compared to some of the other names people keep throwing around as trade pieces (epenesa, ford, etc).

The Giants have no use for him so I’m not sure where he could even go. He won’t generate much interest.

• Agree 1

I feel that Tremaine could be offloaded for a draft pick if we pick a linebacker in round 1 or 2.  I think a third round pick this year and a conditional pick next year could happen with the following teams:

-  Denver Broncos

-  Washington Commanders

Both are in need of a linebacker and may feel there could still be some potential there.

It may depend on how the draft falls for all 3 parties.

Extra note:  

New England and Miami also need ILB and linebacker in general, but I'm not sure how eager Beane would be to deal "within" our key competitors.....

This is the way I see it.  When Edmunds isn't in the game, is he missed?  Seems like our D played just as well, or better, without him.  If we're planning on letting him walk after this year, we might as well try and get a pick for him now.  Not sure any team really wants him or his salary this year but it's worth a shot if we can get a 4th rounder or better.  Deepest apologies if some of you don't agree with anything I've said.

This guy just makes to many mistakes on the field.  Missed tackles and he constantly reads the holes wrong on the LOS.  He is never in the right spot when it matters most.  I have seen him so many times completely over run tackle attempts on RB's and TE's and then be out of position to make a seemingly easy stop.

Just can't figure out why this guy is just not lighting people up at the LOS.  He is just not that kind of LB.  He lacks the raw instinct that good Linebackers seem to possess today and the ones that make a difference during a game.  Hate to say it but Milano makes some head scratching plays too.  Sometimes I swear he is taking a play off because he is nowhere to be found around the ball.  He too,  gets caught out of position and sometimes it kills us with a big play right up the middle.

Edited by Toyo321

17 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I feel like we talk about Edmunds constantly.  I'm kind of sick of discussing the guy.

Unfortunately it's going to remain a hot topic because despite any positive endorsements from Beane/McD/etc, it's clear as day that he's a borderline JAG type of player and he's been a liability in just about every game against other good QB's and offenses in recent years.

And with his contract year approaching this season I think the debate intensifies especially if we continue to see more of the same from him which is expected.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, delirious said:

Is this bait? Tremaine Edmunds had a whole extra year in the NFL before he hits 24 compared to Kuechly and Lewis.

Yes.

It took Edmunds 4 seasons to make as many tackles as Lewis and Kuechly did in just 3.

But, but Edmunds is a wunderkind!

200.gif

My favorite young prodigy defensive player is still Amobi Okoye.........the NFL's all-time leading sacker among players not old enough to legally consume alcoholic beverages:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-sacks-by-a-20-year-old

Cmon now he has the perfect skill set for todays defensive scheme to answer todays NFL offenses.  It’s all about holding the other team to under 30 points.  I bet he has his best year.  Go Bills 🦬🏈

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s also this…

Also misleading.   

He's only ranked in the top 50 in the NFL in TFL once...........in 2019 when he had 10.

Last season he finished tied for 71st with 28 other players with 7........so top 100 by only 1 TFL.

The TFL leader is usually in the 20's, fwiw.

There just aren't that many LB's that have started for all of the last 4 years.

Edmunds was a higher ranked ILB/MLB earlier in his career(top 8 in 2020, IMO) by default because there just aren't that many top ones.......it's a devalued position after all........but he's been lapped by some younger talents in the past couple years and is now more of a top 12-15 MLB/ILB.

A better stat to show what a playmaker he's NOT been?

He hasn't forced a fumble OR even recovered a fumble in the last 57 games.

Edmunds just hasn't made nearly the amount of plays that he should have.

• Agree 2

If you want to get paid $13-17M/yr you better put up better numbers than what he's done these last 2 full seasons......

30 games

0 FF

0 FR

1 INT

2 Sacks

11 TFL

.....sorry but I don't get excited over a MLB who most of his tackles are 5-10 yards downfield. And if his so called strength is pass coverage then why doesn't he have more PD's or INT's?  Why wasn't he guarding Kelce on that last play?  We're not extending him.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So then that's kind of a thing then right? Fans are going to hate it but Edmunds value may come from his dependability/durability. Like a Kirby Puckett / Gary Payton type. Maybe even an oversized London Fletcher to put it back in the NFL realm...although Fletcher had twice as many TFL's by his third season lol

Edited by Nelius
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, Gisele said:

This is the way I see it.  When Edmunds isn't in the game, is he missed?  Seems like our D played just as well, or better, without him.  If we're planning on letting him walk after this year, we might as well try and get a pick for him now.  Not sure any team really wants him or his salary this year but it's worth a shot if we can get a 4th rounder or better.  Deepest apologies if some of you don't agree with anything I've said.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 2.44.46 AM.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You know I think we need about 5 more threads by training camp talking about Edmunds.

Do you know the Muffin Man?  Who lives on Drury Lane.

Not the buttons.  Seemed appropriate scanning through this completely original and thought provoking thread. (Insert sarcasm)

Man you can tell we are starved for Bills info. this month.

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Also misleading.   

He's only ranked in the top 50 in the NFL in TFL once...........in 2019 when he had 10.

Last season he finished tied for 71st with 28 other players with 7........so top 100 by only 1 TFL.

The TFL leader is usually in the 20's, fwiw.

Edmunds was a higher ranked ILB/MLB earlier in his career(top 8 in 2020, IMO) by default because there just aren't that many top ones.......it's a devalued position after all........but he's been lapped by some younger talents in the past couple years and is now more of a top 12-15 MLB/ILB.

A better stat to show what a playmaker he's NOT been?

He hasn't forced a fumble OR even recovered a fumble in the last 57 games.

Edmunds just hasn't made nearly the amount of plays that he should have.

Edmunds is a tough evaluation. He’s made very few plays over his career. I compare him to a game manager QB. Very safe and dependable. You said it, not many ILBs that have started as many games and played as many snaps over 4 years. That definitely is a plus especially when Milano struggled to stay healthy.

That said, I don’t think they’ll sign him unless they decide to walk away from Poyer. I don’t think they can sign Poyer, Oliver, and Edmunds.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1