Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

16 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

fcOzWiJC-QUDIE71pLbRcUaf4jVbw9iPyf88jXZY

We need to replace this guy, he is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo   average,  the draft is our friend if we can get LB to replace this guy, but it's doubtful.  But we need other D help at CB first and foremost. 

I would take DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH  or  NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA but we need a CB first round so we are stuck with Tremaine for another year.

Again, don't be shocked if he's a former Buffalo Bill after tomorrow night.

Makes too much sense especially if there is any real steam behind the rumors that the Bills want to trade up into the top 10. Edmunds may be the perfect asset to help facilitate that type of trade especially since he does have perceived value compared to some of the other names people keep throwing around as trade pieces (epenesa, ford, etc).

• Like (+1) 1

I think Edmunds is definitely playing for the Bills in 2022…that being said the real concern is we only have a single LB until contract after 22, Edmunds would have leverage and someone will offer him 15 million a year.  I’m not sure we can afford to do that.  With all of money spent on several positions, LB isn’t an area we might want to spend.  So bringing in a rookie in the 2nd or later makes sense.

I also believe we might see a return to the 4-3 a little more.  Especially against 3 teams in the AFC east that want to establish the run.

• Buffalo_Stampede changed the title to Linebacker stats… Extend Tremaine Edmunds.

More information clearly showing that Edmunds is not remotely close to the bad player half this board screams that he is.  

I have said it 100 times now, the vast majority of what fans here hate about Edmunds has less to do with Edmunds the player as it does with how we use Edmunds a lot of the time.  Which is often like a 3rd shallow safety out there utilizing and trusting his athleticism to get back to the ball after dropping back on the snap.

Edmunds is also 5th in total tackles since entering the NFL, and thats taking into consideration he played hurt most of 2020.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, frogger said:

I think Edmunds is definitely playing for the Bills in 2022…that being said the real concern is we only have a single LB until contract after 22, Edmunds would have leverage and someone will offer him 15 million a year.  I’m not sure we can afford to do that.  With all of money spent on several positions, LB isn’t an area we might want to spend.  So bringing in a rookie in the 2nd or later makes sense.

I also believe we might see a return to the 4-3 a little more.  Especially against 3 teams in the AFC east that want to establish the run.

I think you're spot on.  The Bills will draft a LB, my guess on day 2, who will takeover Klein's roster spot this year but be the MLB in 2023.  I don't hate Edmunds but wished he made more game changing plays.  He's going to be offered some serious cash next off-season that the Bills can't/won't match.  Similar to Harrison Phillips this year.  

39 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ok, I thought of new material for a Tremaine Edmunds thread.  Why do we call Tre White "Tre", but Edmunds never gets called "Tre"????  

Two reasons.

1.  Only one Tre to keep them straight.

2.  Tremaine is easier to say than Tredavious.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The agenda on this board is real. My positive Edmunds thread gets moved into a negative Edmunds thread. 

Moderators are pretty bad on this site.

You know what the man says.....

image.thumb.png.81d1f3bc52279a05b706033b4daea7e3.png

• Like (+1) 1