Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Ignored.  

Love that option.  This board is getting better and better.  

2 years here and you want to ignore one of the good people here?

That actually says a lot about you.  

you got 21 reactions. 
Not one of them positive 

think about it 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think the mods are leaving this thread up for noting less then pure entertainment lol!

Yeah, I'm really enjoying having to read more bickering about Tremaine Edwards. <_<

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I feel this topic has been beat to death but here's my honest answers on the situation:

What happened to Tremaine?  Nothing really, he's just been a woefully average player that rarely makes any game changing/impact type of plays.

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade? For the above reasons, there's not really any difference between him and most run of the mill LB's drafted in the mid rounds. Remember Milano was a 5th round pick and is arguably the better player and showed early in his career unlike Edmunds who apparently still gets a pass by some because of how young he is.

Can he rebound?  What are the chances?  Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract? Still think he's not a fit for this scheme/defense and his best chances to reach whatever potential he  may have is on another team, specifically in a 3-4 scheme.

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo? I believe behind closed doors they realize this is his last season in Buffalo assuming he's not traded before or during the 2022 campaign.

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day?  Or before? Obviously

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine? Definitely move on even if Edmunds has a 'career year' knowing it's a contract season. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft his replacement this year either in the top 3 rounds, at the end of the day you can't sign everyone anyway and LB is one of the easier positions to replace in terms of draft/FA.

fcOzWiJC-QUDIE71pLbRcUaf4jVbw9iPyf88jXZY

We need to replace this guy, he is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo   average,  the draft is our friend if we can get LB to replace this guy, but it's doubtful.  But we need other D help at CB first and foremost. 

I would take DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH  or  NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA but we need a CB first round so we are stuck with Tremaine for another year.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

fcOzWiJC-QUDIE71pLbRcUaf4jVbw9iPyf88jXZY

We need to replace this guy, he is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo   average,  the draft is our friend if we can get LB to replace this guy, but it's doubtful.  But we need other D help at CB first and foremost. 

I would take DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH  or  NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA but we need a CB first round so we are stuck with with Tremaine for another year.

I find him running the 40 to be completely captivating! Maybe the best part of the Combine! 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Pay Tremaine, trade Poyer and draft his replacement. Problem solved. 

Pretty telling they picked up Oliver’s 5 th year tenure but not Edmunds yet. It’s this year or he’s gone of maybe they control him with tags.  But his is not an obvious. priority as his talent doesn’t meet the eye test. Guys like podcaster Miller and Spence king who are quite arrogant if you critique Edmunds as they verbally belittle those who disagree with them that he is a legit star need to begin to get a ltiioe crow ready to eat.  If he was the star / playmaker they espouse, why has his option not been exercised while every else but poyer has been extended?  I am neutral , ok if he sticks , but I truly believe he could be replaced easily with little drop off and we could probably do better.

They hold on because of the draft capital they spent. Poyer in much more impactful , only question is age but his play has only improved, and that’s why we did ok with the last year and had a 7; th round cb pick starting on a #1 D. Let me know the next time edmunds makes more then 2-3 impactful plays in a Game or even the season. It’s obvious the staff is giving him this year to prove things.  Oir d runs well based on saftey play and Frazier has said as much. We have a good lb with Milano and edmunds is replaceable. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SlimShady&#x27;sSpaceForce said:

2 years here and you want to ignore one of the good people here?

That actually says a lot about you.  

you got 21 reactions. 
Not one of them positive 

think about it 

Slim he knows exactly what he is doing here.. think about it lol

13 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Pretty telling they picked up Oliver’s 5 th year tenure but not Edmunds yet. It’s this year or he’s gone of maybe they control him with tags.  But his is not an obvious. priority as his talent doesn’t meet the eye test. Guys like podcaster Miller and Spence king who are quite arrogant if you critique Edmunds as they verbally belittle those who disagree with them that he is a legit star need to begin to get a ltiioe crow ready to eat.  If he was the star / playmaker they espouse, why has his option not been exercised while every else but poyer has been extended?  I am neutral , ok if he sticks , but I truly believe he could be replaced easily with little drop off and we could probably do better.

They hold on because of the draft capital they spent. Poyer in much more impactful , only question is age but his play has only improved, and that’s why we did ok with the last year and had a 7; th round cb pick starting on a #1 D. Let me know the next time edmunds makes more then 2-3 impactful plays in a Game or even the season. It’s obvious the staff is giving him this year to prove things.  Oir d runs well based on saftey play and Frazier has said as much. We have a good lb with Milano and edmunds is replaceable. 

This post is all sorts of wrong.

They already picked up Edmunds 5th year option last year.  He is playing on that now!!!  So basically your entire first paragraph is wrong.  

If it is telling that they haven’t picked up his option, but they have picked it up - does that make it equally telling they like him?  What pray tell does it tell us now that you have learned the option was exercised - just like Oliver’s.

The 2nd paragraph also holds little water as the Bills FO have moved on from various draft picks as needed if they are not up to speed - the problem is they have drafted very well (best in the league by several metrics) and therefore have not had to move on from many picks.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here’s why I loathe keeping Edmunds this year.. and most of it isn’t necessarily about him as a player.  

1). He doesn’t live up to what we expect. We don’t sign him.  He walks. We get nothing. 

2). He balls out behind a high potential DL. We want to sign him long term.  Can’t afford his top tier LB contract demands. 

I don’t necessarily see any long term Bills/Edmunds pairing that makes sense after this year.  

IMO, he’s not the difference between us winning a Super Bowl or not.  If he’s not.  Move him for assets, or to strengthen another position this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Ignored.  

Love that option.  This board is getting better and better.  

Truly a good move. That “ avatar”. insults everyone , always is a name caller on game days in the shoutbox  degrading , belittling others and is an example of how this great forum has changed. Nothing is ever done about the attacks., so passively it’s enabled. You are spot on and not alone, having been the victim of attacks because I had my own analysis , Heaven forbid. Bit my tongue, but no good info ever followed , just histrionics and name calling !  There are many good people to follow, yet some toxic ones who are still allowed to thrive on here. I’ll prob get nailed just for supporting you , but wanted to assure you , keep the faith and you are in good company. 🍸😉😉👍Besr wishes , go Bills , enjoy the draft ! Should be interesting. I would be great with cb, rb ( hey control them for 5 years plus two tags and it’s great value and move on as they age! , ) or best wr.  What are your thought? 

I listened to Beane with brown / tasker today , between the lines it seems he is like to trade down more than move up and they are not likely to take any guys with Med issues in that first round as it’s a great risk. He is willing to take guys with higher floors , than potential higher ceilings as the risk is lower with low floor guys!  Interesting! If they should attempt to move up , they have a system limit on how high, and it didn’t seem too likely. Just my opinion reading “ Beanes language”. He wants a “ playmaker “;, so even rb is not off the board in the first. 😊Best wishes! 

13 hours ago, Yantha said:

If I missed an Edmunds thread, then mods please merge.

I didn't see anything here, but only rejoined this group maybe 3 weeks ago.  We are getting closer and closer to the draft, and RESPECTFULLY was asking the knowledgeable fans a few questions.

smh...

Dude, you’re kidding right?  There have been like 20 threads and parts of threads on him.  Go do the search button.  Type in. edmunds and you’re going to feel silly as this exact topic has been talked to death, been on WGR, NFLR, NFLN, etc.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

This post is all sorts of wrong.

They already picked up Edmunds 5th year option last year.  He is playing on that now!!!  So basically your entire first paragraph is wrong.  

If it is telling that they haven’t picked up his option, but they have picked it up - does that make it equally telling they like him?  What pray tell does it tell us now that you have learned the option was exercised - just like Oliver’s.

The 2nd paragraph also holds little water as the Bills FO have moved on from various draft picks as needed if they are not up to speed - the problem is they have drafted very well (best in the league by several metrics) and therefore have not had to move on from many picks.  

Yep , my error!  I was up all night as some one hacked my email and also was in my Amazon account which got shut down!  Pretty stressful. A hacker was literally buying things while I was on the phone with Amazon reps !  They couldn’t stop it and froze my account until I got my email secured at 7 am today! So I admit , I forgot about edmunds 5 th year!

I apologize. I was thinking more about contract extensions, thanks for correcting me!  I do believe tho edmunds is overrated and time will tell this year. I do think there is a difference tho as I think Oliver was a certain to be picked up but delayed until they had cap space. Not sure edumunds situation is more than one more hedge  to evaluate long term viability and I think Oliver , who is more impactful will get a second contract. Not sure edmunds will.

Imo, easier to replace a LB , than a DT who can rush.  I was just thinking if Edmunds was living up to expectations , it might have made more sense to extend  ( like Josh , if he is the def “qb”)rather than ride  the fence  , as his price might only go up if he somehow finally evolves to be that  guy. They have drafted well, and they can’t pay everyone. I think another similar year and they could easily replace him as his ceiling may have been reached and a guy with a high floor might be just as good rather than continuing to wait to see if he can raise his ceiling. Thanks for the kind correction , I was def in error. My main thought was its a prove year for edmunds ; Beane stated they always intended to do Oliver which seemed more definitive he will be here long term. Not so sure about Tremain unless it reallY comes together this year. Best wishes! Sorry for the error. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think the OP is a troll, strictly. I think he's young and/or hopeful/eager. No cynicism detected. This thread isn't trolling. It's obliviousness. 

24 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

he already knows this cause a few pages back he was shown titles of the pages... the dude is a troll.

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I didn’t want to say it, but that was my thought when he started such a dumb thread.  I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt up front PRIMETIME.

I'm as cruel and unforgiving of ill intentioned discourse as anyone. Sometimes you just have to nod and smile and go on with your life without punching down.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1