Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Guys....  with respect.....  considering some of the snide responses here, I'm guessing that if I bumped an old thread, I'd get equally lambasted for doing so.  If you don't want to discuss T.E., then please just stop posting your responses.  Nothing is forcing you to.

Move along to a discussion you are interested in.  Just a suggestion.

The wheels are already in motion, bud. All you can do is buckle up and hang on 😎

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, delirious said:

The wheels are already in motion, bud. All you can do is buckle up and hang on 😎

"I hate talking about Tremaine Edmunds!!!  .......  so I'm going to continue talking about Tremaine Edmunds!!!!!"  Bahhhhhh!  lol....  

I need a psychology degree to stick with this discussion board.  Seriously.  haha

EDIT:  Case in point, Rochesterfan's 12 year old "barf" emoji below.  To you sir, I say "barf" back at ya!  :)

Stop posting and move along.  Hoping to talk about linebackers here as we get closer to the draft.

Edited by Yantha
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

Linebacker is a need.  But just how BIG of a need remains to be seen and I am guessing that most would agree that Tremaine is at the center of that discussion.  So?  A few questions from me to you.

What happened to Tremaine?  

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade?

Can he rebound?  What are the chances?  Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day?  Or before?

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

Yantha You are on purpose starting threads that have been either talked about all year long/beating the bush on a topic/or just flat out troll threads.  with 160+ replies/posts, I have come to one conclusion... your a troll. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Yantha You are on purpose starting threads that have been either talked about all year long/beating the bush on a topic/or just flat out troll threads.  with 160+ replies/posts, I have come to one conclusion... your a troll. 

Move along.  Nobody is forcing you to read my posts.  Better yet, set me to ignore.  Thanks.

That goes for the rest of you who seem to have an issue with my posts.  Best for everyone.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Move along.  Nobody is forcing you to read my posts.  Better yet, set me to ignore.  Thanks.

That goes for the rest of you who seem to have an issue with my posts.  Best for everyone.

"and for the rest of you who seem to have an issue with my posts" 

there ya have it folks... 

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Please use the search bar on the top right corner of the message board.

There are maybe ten thousand topics on this. The difference is they add some content other than just "lets talk about Tremaine Edmunds."

Pick one of those and just reply to the thousand page thread.

indeed

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Ahhh - the old it is not me that is the problem - must be everyone else that is the issue - line of reasoning.

I come in - don’t do any of things I should - like search - and whamo everyone else on the board is an issue.

Then I will throw shade and tell people to ignore me.

Instead of that - fix the issue - delete the duplicate - read through one of the threads presented to you and add your thoughts - plus you get the added benefit of already seeing what people think.

Or add the thoughts on to any of the other threads about who the Bills should draft and ask the questions.

There are many solutions over ignoring a poster, but when people do dumb things - they get dumb responses.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Pay Tremaine, trade Poyer and draft his replacement. Problem solved. 

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard , at no point in your rambling Incoherent response you were even close to anything that could be considered a …………….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard , at no point in your rambling Incoherent response you were even close to anything that could be considered a …………….

Relax Vlad 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Ahhh - the old it is not me that is the problem - must be everyone else that is the issue - line of reasoning.

I come in - don’t do any of things I should - like search - and whamo everyone else on the board is an issue.

Then I will throw shade and tell people to ignore me.

Instead of that - fix the issue - delete the duplicate - read through one of the threads presented to you and add your thoughts - plus you get the added benefit of already seeing what people think.

Or add the thoughts on to any of the other threads about who the Bills should draft and ask the questions.

There are many solutions over ignoring a poster, but when people do dumb things - they get dumb responses.

omg 10000% ty

14 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Let me help you out here.

This board has been in existence for 20+ years. It has well established customs and guidelines which has served the TBD community well and has resulted in this being one of the finest sports fan boards you can find. Respectful discussion is encouraged and oldies get some leeway due to their past contributions to this board.

If you come in to the board, it will serve you well to learn more about assimilating than trying to force your thoughts on to others and being aggressive. Admitting a mistake or ignorance is not a bad thing. 

You can adjust your attitude and have a long and fun experience on this board. Or you can decide otherwise. Or you can have that decision made for you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we should talk about Beasley, he never got the amount of conversation he warranted…, 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

I've been here for 3 weeks maybe and didn't see a dedicated thread.  I'm hearing that there are lots of other threads but they are buried in the later pages.  Sorry I don't go mining back into the past, bringing back STALE threads.

I love talking about the draft, but honestly some of you make this annual visit rather painful.  We are all Bills fans so why is there always a core group of bad apples that just like to throw insults and cause conflict.  

geez....  People...  Try being positive and happy. for a change.

Yantha well put.  It is tough to have real football discussions on here.  Some people just talk a lot of nonsense on here.  Not a lot of hard core football talk by some.  I don't go on other teams message boards.  So I don't know how those compare.  And I never go on social media.  Would be too jacked up all day.  And that's not healthy, and I have a business to run.  

That being said.  Edmunds has never been very good.  He isn't terrible.  Just not a very good professional football player.  I believe he was overdrafted.  I believe he is just too long to be a physical player in the middle of the field.  However, the thing that hurts him the most is his poor instincts for the game.  He just doesn't seem to have a good feel for the flow of the play and is usually a step behind.  I don't hate the guy.  I just think we can do a lot better at his position.  I hope we can include him in a trade on draft day and get rid of his $12million salary.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yantha said:

Linebacker is a need.  But just how BIG of a need remains to be seen and I am guessing that most would agree that Tremaine is at the center of that discussion.  So?  A few questions from me to you.

Can he rebound?  What are the chances?  Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

This has been beaten to death I would say...but, given you poised it with specific questions and are new here I will participate:

1. Nothing happened to Edmunds, what people dislike the most about him is related to how he is used.  He has his flaws, but he is also quite good at what he is asked to do in McD's defense the majority of the time, which is almost like playing as a 3rd safety out there more than an on the ball LB.  
  2. 4 seasons, 2 Pro Bowls, 5th in the NFL in total tackles since entering the league.  I mean, thats a pretty good resume for anyone, let alone a first rounder.  So not living up to his first round grade seems like a poor description of him.
  3. No he can't rebound to what you expect of him, at least not here, because McD and Frazier are not likely going to change how they use him and that is biggest contributor to what the fans don't like.  Its why Edmunds teammates, coaches, Beane, opponents, etc all sing him praises all the time...because he is doing what is being asked of him well, fans just don't like how he is being used then blame it solely on him.  He makes mistakes sure, but he is not nearly as bad as your post is making him out to be.
  4. Never say never, but I doubt he is traded at all this year.  He is the QB of the defense...thats a lot to ask of a rookie, and its the one position outside QB that usually takes the longest to really learn because they need to identify the offense pre snap and make sure everyone is in the right places, recognize audibles, etc.  This is our best shot in 30 years at a SB, maybe even ever.  Edmunds is worth more to us than what they would get in trade.
    1. Side note:  If we lose him next year for nothing, still good chance we get a 3rd comp pick for him as we wont have the budget to make a lot of big signings.  We can also tag him, and thats assuming Beane didn't just extend him.  So unless Beane got a crazy offer, I doubt they see the value in trading him ahead of a major SB run this year.  
  5. I think they could take a LB in the draft, but I don't think that seals Edmunds fate automatically.  I think they let him play this season out and then will see how he does in this revamped D and make a decision if he is worth extending or do they commit to a new direction at that point.  
Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

I've got a lot of problems with you people and now, you're going to hear about it.....first off, this Rob Johnson guy.... 

Don't get me STARTED on Rob Johnson!  lol.....

Flutie forever! 

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

The struggles vs the run stemmed from the defensive line more so than the linebackers. I did some breakdowns during the season which highlighted a lot of this. The change of guard on the defensive line this offseason did not happen by accident.

Just wanting to clarify - us running nickel does not make Edmunds a two gapper.

Not all 4-2-5's are alike. In some situations the Mike would have 2-gap or widened gaps based on the alignment (shades of the DL). But I see your point and I appreciate your civil discourse.

5 hours ago, Yantha said:

5 hours ago, Yantha said:

LOL.....  Is that what's going to happen?  I haven't been here for a while....

Let's not let emotion take this one over.  :)

4 hours ago, Yantha said:

If I missed an Edmunds thread, then mods please merge.

I didn't see anything here, but only rejoined this group maybe 3 weeks ago.  We are getting closer and closer to the draft, and RESPECTFULLY was asking the knowledgeable fans a few questions.

smh...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/search/?&q=edmunds&type=forums_topic&quick=1&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

4/26 - Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds

4/14 -  Two Bills Drive "Draft Competition" - Prize is a Bills cap (NOTE: Zig Fracassi thinks we trade up to #7 for LB and trade Edmunds and picks to Giants)

4/8 -  2023 Extension? (Poyer/ Edmunds/Knox/Oliver)

3/18 - Trading Edmunds makes no sense at this point

3/14 - Tremaine Edmunds contract comparison

3/9 - Some guy who's been wrong before says, Edmunds to the Steelers?

3/1 - Walter Football Mock with the Hot Take on our MLB

2/26 - Would you take #4 picks in this year's draft for Lotulelei and Edmunds?

We average about 1 per week.

EDIT: To no surprise, you are the same person who created a thread that started with the idea that Morse was the most important position on the entire roster to upgrade this year.

Edited by Mango
Add on
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Edmunds is polarizing for a reason,  hes not 100% legit.  if he was,  nobody would be debating anything about him.   is he worth the large contract hes gonna want?  imo no.  we dont debate about Diggs,  or Allen,  or etc.    Edmunds plays very poorly at times.   the coaches however appear to like what he does for them, regardless of what we as fans see on the field.

Edited by bigduke6