Can we talk about Tremaine Edmunds?

Yantha

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If this title is a troll, you are amazing literally LOL at thread title.

While were at it, has anyone talked about Breece Hall?

I've been here for 3 weeks maybe and didn't see a dedicated thread.  I'm hearing that there are lots of other threads but they are buried in the later pages.  Sorry I don't go mining back into the past, bringing back STALE threads.

I love talking about the draft, but honestly some of you make this annual visit rather painful.  We are all Bills fans so why is there always a core group of bad apples that just like to throw insults and cause conflict.  

geez....  People...  Try being positive and happy. for a change.

Edited by Yantha
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, Yantha said:

If I missed an Edmunds thread, then mods please merge.

I didn't see anything here, but only rejoined this group maybe 3 weeks ago.  We are getting closer and closer to the draft, and RESPECTFULLY was asking the knowledgeable fans a few questions.

smh...

I am sure there are some Edmunds specific thread out there. But the reason people are being sarcastic here is that Edmunds is by far most discussed subject on these forum for the last two years. So you starting a thread "Let's talk about Edmunds" is sort of funny.

If you are really not trolling and feel disrespected the only advice I can give you is don't start a thread on forums until you familiarize yourself with said forums first.

EDIT: My take on the topic: Edmunds is not as bad as some posters here are claiming him to be, but he is certainly not a lock to get a longterm contracts. I see 3 options:

1. He gets traded during draft and we draft his replacement. I think this is unlikely since I am not sure McD want to rely on a rookie in an "Allin" year.

2. He plays 2022 on his option and is traded then (for a much lower value). Downside of this approach is that we get next to nothing for him.

3. He gets an extension. I doubt this will happen this offseason. Despite what many are saying, I think McD see his flaws and are not sold on him. And what is more important, we just can't pay everybody. So they will wait and make sure he is worth it.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 3

Look...  The Bills ranked 20th in run defense, their worst team stat....

The fact that we have not seemed to be even putting much stock into drafting a linebacker early (I know.... cornerback.....) to me was something I was curious about.  There have been some suggestions to draft linebacker, but considering that run defense was arguably one of the bigger weaknesses last season (not just my opinion, just going by team stats), should we not be putting more of an emphasis on stopping the run?

Von Miller will help, and we added some DL FA's.  

Yes, there have been lots of Tremaine discussions... but at the CORE of my post was a draft question.  

• Eyeroll 2

Just now, Yantha said:

The fact that we have not seemed to be even putting much stock into drafting a linebacker early (I know.... cornerback.....) to me was something I was curious about.  There have been some suggestions to draft linebacker, but considering that run defense was arguably one of the bigger weaknesses last season (not just my opinion, just going by team stats), should we not be putting more of an emphasis on stopping the run?

Yes, there have been lots of Tremaine discussions... but at the CORE of my post was a draft question.  

Lbs are the rbs of the defense for the most part. You can get one on day two who is starter material if you need one. Unless Edmunds is part of a trade, he will play out his fifth year contract. He will probably play better with the revamped DT room. How much better will determine his future in Buffalo, but most likely this is his last year, imo. No need to address the position with urgency this year. The top of the draft is likely cb, wr, ol, possibly rb.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I've been here for 3 weeks maybe and didn't see a dedicated thread.  I'm hearing that there are lots of other threads but they are buried in the later pages.  Sorry I don't go mining back into the past, bringing back STALE threads.

I love talking about the draft, but honestly some of you make this annual visit rather painful.  We are all Bills fans so why is there always a core group of bad apples that just like to throw insults and cause conflict.  

lol not a big deal, people are razzing you because theres 3 new tremaine threads a week, AND every other thread turns into a tremaine discussion lol the timing of your post was just comedically bad for anyone whos around here regularly. dont take it to heart 😆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I've got a lot of problems with you people and now, you're going to hear about it.....first off, this Rob Johnson guy.... 

I completely agree. RJ got screwed over by a back stabbing midget

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Given the emphasis they placed on the defensive line in free agency,  I tend to think the Bills believed most of their defensive problems originated from that group rather than the linebackers. 

For the defense they play,  I don't think it matters that much.  They can be a middle half run defense,  because their general approach is to jump out to a lead and force the opponent out of the running game anyway.  Even the base defense they play...a 4-2-5...is geared toward stopping the opposing passing game. To that end,  I think they're mostly satisfied with Edmunds being above average in coverage and ok at best against the run.  He does what they need him to do and whether they retain him after this season is probably more about his cap impact than his level of play. 

• Agree 4

44 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Well to me honest, I only visit this site during the lead up to the draft and after that I'm out.  

Hoping to learn from the pros here.....  no short supply it seems.  

In all seriousness, are we rolling the dice on Tremaine again or moving on?

Pro tip: you’re missing out if you’ve never partaken of the group therapy sessions that are the game day live threads here! Visiting only for draft lead up is like buying ice cream in a cup instead of a waffle cone! :doh:

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Linebacker is a need.  But just how BIG of a need remains to be seen and I am guessing that most would agree that Tremaine is at the center of that discussion.  So?  A few questions from me to you.

What happened to Tremaine?  

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade?

Can he rebound?  What are the chances?  Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day?  Or before?

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

Has made the ProBowl,twice. Bills lost Klein but still have Milano, Dodson, Smith  Matekevich,Lee ,Giles-Harris and only run 2 at a time. I think there are more serious needs before they pick up a LB in this draft

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Given the emphasis they placed on the defensive line in free agency,  I tend to think the Bills believed most of their defensive problems originated from that group rather than the linebackers. 

For the defense they play,  I don't think it matters that much.  They can be a middle half run defense,  because their general approach is to jump out to a lead and force the opponent out of the running game anyway.  Even the base defense they play...a 4-2-5...is geared toward stopping the opposing passing game. To that end,  I think they're mostly satisfied with Edmunds being above average in coverage and ok at best against the run.  He does what they need him to do and whether they retain him after this season is probably more about his cap impact than his level of play. 

spot on. im hoping other teams recognize him for that and arentr breaking out the brinks truck. i think he'd be very bad in a scheme diff than we have him in. maybe FA next year isnt what he hopes and comes back on a very team friendly deal

21 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

spot on. im hoping other teams recognize him for that and arentr breaking out the brinks truck. i think he'd be very bad in a scheme diff than we have him in. maybe FA next year isnt what he hopes and comes back on a very team friendly deal

Im on the other end, I hope some poor GM thinks he is worth a first round pick in a draft everyone is saying teams wanna trade back in . Edmunds for CMC straight up works for me too, rather make the money work for a RB than hold out hope that because he is so young he is someone gonna find instincts 

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

It’s a good topic, people just love to talk *****. Not just here, society in general. I’m an Edmunds defender, but I can also understand the haters who want more from him. He’s not “elite” at any on thing on the field. He doesn’t get sacks, he doesn’t get interceptions, and can’t cover an above average TE. I’d like to move him to OLB, draft another MLB, and play more 3 LB sets 

2 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Whenever someone has an alternative that is 6' 5", runs in the 4.5's, and takes away many of the inside passing lanes; we should devote some time to it.  In the absence of that, it will be the same old same old.

He took away all those passing lanes in the KC game as Mahomes targeted him countless times, and made him look like he had his pants down 🤣.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Linebacker is a need.  But just how BIG of a need remains to be seen and I am guessing that most would agree that Tremaine is at the center of that discussion.  So?  A few questions from me to you.

What happened to Tremaine?  

Why hasn't he really held up to his first round grade?

Can he rebound?  What are the chances?  Will money motivate him as he finishes up his current contract?

Any insights on what Beane and the Bills brass think about Tremaine and his future in Buffalo?

Could Tremaine be used as trade bait on draft day?  Or before?

This draft is fairly deep in LB talent, even on day 3.  Should we move on or put our faith in Tremaine?

My ex-wife used to ask a lot of questions at once like this.  That's a big reason why she's my EX-wife.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1