I have a 2nd Bills schedule inside rumor/tip (UPDATE: NOW CONFIRMED!)

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I thought the Bills had a very good chance of playing the season opener. I am glad they are. We don't lose any prep or rest time because of a west coast trip. 

This is an excellent point. The WC trip wont hurt them since their next game is 10 days later.

• Like (+1) 1

I just yelled to hubby ROADTRIP...pfft its a 2 hour drive but to see the Bills in Prime time in LA? WHOA I think I may just need to see about tickets!  That would be so much  fun!~!~!!

m

Edited by muppy

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I just immediately said yes to the Suite invite…but don’t know if I am supposed to chip in or not haha.  Hope not cuz that’s gonna be expensive AF if so, but they didn’t say anything about money.  They just said we should join them in the suite.  

I took my fiancé to the Rams vs Niners week 17 game.  First time at SoFi and had my friends season tickets.  Didn’t know where to park just followed WAZE in and wound up near the front lots near the big SoFi sign by ponds.  

They asked me if I had some colored parking pass and I said “No, but I have these season tickets, is there a place I’m no supposed to park?”  She said I had to get out of the line I had been in for 20 minutes, turn around and go back out a ways and then I can park in the $80 or the $120 tailgating lot.  

Mind you these lots were like 20 min walks from the stadium and $80-$120 to just freaking park!  I was like WTF we are gonna also miss part of the first quarter.  So I pulled forward and asked another guy how to get out, told him we were told to find a way out to those other lots.  He said, just park here (right In front of the stadium in those lots we didn’t have passes for), it’s cool.  So I said here take all the cash in my wallet which was like $26 to thank him.  

Moral of the story.  If you drive to SoFi bring some cash and probably bribe your way into one of the other closer lots for cheaper than the far away lots LMAO

heyo alpha my 2 cents which is worth about that much haha...but when Ive been corporately comped  for sporting events, wether it be our financial adviser or Corporate..if THEY invite you to a suite, it is a Freebie my friend. Id be shocked otherwise. Its a "corporate expense account" right? 🙂

muppy is Jelly!. 🙂

m

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is an excellent point. The WC trip wont hurt them since their next game is 10 days later.

And the last preseason game can be with most  players  not going to make the 53 roster.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

heyo alpha my 2 cents which is worth about that much haha...but when Ive been corporately comped  for sporting events, wether it be our financial adviser or Corporate..if THEY invite you to a suite, it is a Freebie my friend. Id be shocked otherwise. Its a "corporate expense account" right? 🙂

muppy is Jelly!. 🙂

m

Thats my assumption too

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I just immediately said yes to the Suite invite…but don’t know if I am supposed to chip in or not haha.  Hope not cuz that’s gonna be expensive AF if so, but they didn’t say anything about money.  They just said we should join them in the suite.  

I took my fiancé to the Rams vs Niners week 17 game.  First time at SoFi and had my friends season tickets.  Didn’t know where to park just followed WAZE in and wound up near the front lots near the big SoFi sign by ponds.  

They asked me if I had some colored parking pass and I said “No, but I have these season tickets, is there a place I’m no supposed to park?”  She said I had to get out of the line I had been in for 20 minutes, turn around and go back out a ways and then I can park in the $80 or the $120 tailgating lot.  

Mind you these lots were like 20 min walks from the stadium and $80-$120 to just freaking park!  I was like WTF we are gonna also miss part of the first quarter.  So I pulled forward and asked another guy how to get out, told him we were told to find a way out to those other lots.  He said, just park here (right In front of the stadium in those lots we didn’t have passes for), it’s cool.  So I said here take all the cash in my wallet which was like $26 to thank him.  

Moral of the story.  If you drive to SoFi bring some cash and probably bribe your way into one of the other closer lots for cheaper than the far away lots LMAO

My church is in Inglewood, 2-3 miles west of Sofi.  I might park around there for free and Uber. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a friend with strong personal connections to high up people at SoFi (which is not far from my house) who said it’s confirmed Rams vs Bills in the Thursday night week 1 season opener.  I was even invited to their suite for that game.  

If you missed my other thread, the other tip I got was my friend in sports marketing at the TV network in Detroit said his Boss told them in the office that the Bills are coming to Detroit for the Noon Thanksgiving game.

I can’t confirm either of these things, I am just sharing what I have now been told about both these games from people I know.  If true, we would have 2 national games already on the schedule. 

Both my friends said their sources said it’s “confirmed”, but obviously take it for what it’s worth…a rumor until confirmed by the NFL.

The only bummer is that weekend is Music is Art Fest in Buffalo. Would have been really nice if it was also the Bills home opener.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Based on this information, I bought non-refundable plane tickets and hotel reservations for Los Angeles and Detroit, took these dates off of work, and fought with my wife about it.

You better be right, @Alphadawg7.

(Just kidding. Thank you for the tips.)

You’re kidding until you really want to do all of that.  🤣

Once my wife finds out how much tickets are she will suddenly find all these hotel deals where we can go up the central coast for the weekend and it’ll be cheaper than those tickets.  Or she’ll say I should just go by myself.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, purple haze said:

My church is in Inglewood, 2-3 miles west of Sofi.  I might park around there for free and Uber. 

I have a friend who lives about 15 min walking from the stadium who suggested to just park in his driveway and walk over.  He has season tickets to the Rams so he will be going anyway, so I will prob just park there and save the money and walk to the game from there.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I wish So-fi was a reasonably priced ticket in the first place, but that is going to be a $$$ ticket. I've penciled in Chicago as my away game this year. Way better city than LA and affordable tickets

Yeah SoFi is crazy expensive, parking starts at $80 even.  It’s an amazing stadium though, but still it’s just so expensive.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah SoFi is crazy expensive, parking starts at $80 even.  It’s an amazing stadium though, but still it’s just so expensive.  

I guess when you spend $5billion on a stadium, you have to charge a bit more dough. But, you can't put a price on being completely safe AND watching football during a massive seismic event....

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Bills are super bowl favorites, Von Miller goes to the Bills after winning a super bowl with the Rams. God I hope Josh can recreate a performance like the last one we saw from him, and maybe a Von sack to seal the win.

I'd be surprised.  Buffalo will always be a tiny market and that's what dictates these types of big national time slots, not small stories like what free agent did we acquire.  Sure, being good and expected to be good helps! 

And I'm not saying this won't happen--just that I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

34 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Early on it appeared that the Rams opener would likely either be the Bills or Cowboys.  Think signing V Miller tipped the scales. Nice way for him to be given his SB ring.

Don't doubt Wilson going to Denver though as they go to LA. I will say this last year I thought the Bills opening in TB was a nice thought but not our time, this year the chatter seems far more real then ever before.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 716er said:

What's the typical range of ticket prices at SOFI? Probably mutiply that by 1.5 or so to get prices for this game...

Yeah I was wondering as well if anybody can provide some ticket price estimates? I wanted to do this game for my road game this year but Chicago is sounding more likely 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.