I have a 2nd Bills schedule inside rumor/tip (UPDATE: NOW CONFIRMED!)

Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ha yeah not exactly breaking news, the story here isn't so much the rumor, but the fact someone inside SoFi and someone inside a TV Network in Detroit have claimed to me these two games are now confirmed.   

Good luck if it happens and you can get to the game.. that would be sweet...

A-dawg, you’re a trip! You love hangin’ yer ass out on a limb for crackpots to take potshots at yer crack🤣.

I know the outcomes of these self-inflected buttshots, so I’m on board! We only travel to the west coast once this season, which is a great anomaly. To have it be the NFL KICKOFF GAME means at least 6 days between the preseason finale then 9 days off afterwards! Head out there Tuesday, get acclimated, then kick THEIR ass as they raise their banner! Followed by a mini-bye? Perfect.
At Detroit immediately following 🦃  Macy’s Parade? That’s yet another mini-bye just before December!
Happy Fuggin Holidays!🤩

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a friend with strong personal connections to high up people at SoFi (which is not far from my house) who said it’s confirmed Rams vs Bills in the Thursday night week 1 season opener.  I was even invited to their suite for that game.  

If you missed my other thread, the other tip I got was my friend in sports marketing at the TV network in Detroit said his Boss told them in the office that the Bills are coming to Detroit for the Noon Thanksgiving game.

I can’t confirm either of these things, I am just sharing what I have now been told about both these games from people I know.  If true, we would have 2 national games already on the schedule. 

Both my friends said their sources said it’s “confirmed”, but obviously take it for what it’s worth…a rumor until confirmed by the NFL.

Do your personal connections do the SoFi Money Dance?

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a friend with strong personal connections to high up people at SoFi (which is not far from my house) who said it’s confirmed Rams vs Bills in the Thursday night week 1 season opener.  I was even invited to their suite for that game.  

If you missed my other thread, the other tip I got was my friend in sports marketing at the TV network in Detroit said his Boss told them in the office that the Bills are coming to Detroit for the Noon Thanksgiving game.

I can’t confirm either of these things, I am just sharing what I have now been told about both these games from people I know.  If true, we would have 2 national games already on the schedule. 

Both my friends said their sources said it’s “confirmed”, but obviously take it for what it’s worth…a rumor until confirmed by the NFL.

That right there tells me it's fake. It would be Bills Vs Rams not Rams vs Bills since we didn't win the Super Bowl last year. I call bs

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dan Patrick predicted Bills- Rams to open the season along with many local sports media here. I know it's not a done deal but I'm 90% sure it's happening. And tickets will be ridiculous. Probably be cheaper to fly to Buffalo to watch the Pats game then get tickets at SoFi.

Pfffff I predicted this before the Super Bowl was even played.

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Maybe it’s just me but the Rams don’t worry me at all 

really?

they have one helluva running game, and stafford to cupp might be the best connection not named allen to diggs or mahomes to kelce. we are going to sorely miss white this game.

aaron donald also pretty much had his way in buffalo. he normally does in every game he plays, but still.

i am be worried. rams should be favored by atleast 4.

35 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

really?

they have one helluva running game, and stafford to cupp might be the best connection not named allen to diggs or mahomes to kelce. we are going to sorely miss white this game.

aaron donald also pretty much had his way in buffalo. he normally does in every game he plays, but still.

i am be worried. rams should be favored by atleast 4.

Allen is a tier 1 QB.  Stafford struggles to hold on to being in Tier 2.  Stafford is good for at least 2 to 3 passes a game where he tries to throw the game away.  

Kupp and Donald are sensational players.  But so are Diggs and Von.  I’ll take Allen over Stafford every day and twice on Sundays.  

Bills 38, Rams 23

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The guy from the league on Sal C's show seemed to suggest it is one or t'other...... opening game or Thanksgiving. 

I just listened to it, and I didn’t take anything away from it suggesting it’s one or the other.  All he said he doesn’t know if we would get both or not.  Didn’t specifically say it’s one or the other.  And he can’t really answer that any different without giving away info.

But the interview was actually a very good listen, especially the second half of the interview where he is really going into how they set the schedule.

Also, towards the end, he discussed how difficult it is now with stadium availability impacting the schedule with how many concerts are happening this year with artists touring so much making up for the past 2 years.

So it would make sense people at the stadium would be in the know given they have a lot more communication and input now with coordinating events.

But the biggest take away is that at this point he is saying it’s still written in pencil and tweaks can keep happening until it’s released as they run their computer programs nightly that crank out schedules.

So could be that Bills have been penciled in for these games but could still possibly change.  So at SoFi, they could be aware the Bills are currently slated to play there week 1, but doesn’t mean it can’t still change.  Same with Detroit.  So people in the know there, in this case my friends SoFi contacts and my other friends boss at the TV Network ,have been giving a heads up Bills look like they are playing there those dates.

Either way, the interview was quite interesting and worth a listen.

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/bills-primed-for-plenty-of-national-exposure-again-in-2022

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hey Alpha, if you don’t mind my asking…

(a) what do you do for a living; and

(b) can I be your friend?

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You are AWESOME 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.