I have a 2nd Bills schedule inside rumor/tip (UPDATE: NOW CONFIRMED!)

Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a friend with strong personal connections to high up people at SoFi (which is not far from my house) who said it’s confirmed Rams vs Bills in the Thursday night week 1 season opener.  I was even invited to their suite for that game.  

If you missed my other thread, the other tip I got was my friend in sports marketing at the TV network in Detroit said his Boss told them in the office that the Bills are coming to Detroit for the Noon Thanksgiving game.

I can’t confirm either of these things, I am just sharing what I have now been told about both these games from people I know.  If true, we would have 2 national games already on the schedule. 

Both my friends said their sources said it’s “confirmed”, but obviously take it for what it’s worth…a rumor until confirmed by the NFL.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but Sal Capaccio interviewed NFL VP of Broadcasting Mike North on his 'SalSports...and Stuff' podcast (April 19th) and apparently North hinted that the Bills were likely to be in one of those spots but not both.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So Alpha, since we are basically best friends.  You got extra room in that suite for me and @Gugny?  We only need one seat for the two of us

Forget @Gugny! That dude will break into your car! I think I’m a far more reliable option. Ask anyone who doesn’t know me! 

I got dibs on Alphas couch!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 7

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Bills are super bowl favorites, Von Miller goes to the Bills after winning a super bowl with the Rams. God I hope Josh can recreate a performance like the last one we saw from him, and maybe a Von sack to seal the win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but Sal Capaccio interviewed NFL VP of Broadcasting Mike North on his 'SalSports...and Stuff' podcast (April 19th) and apparently North hinted that the Bills were likely to be in one of those spots but not both.

I haven’t listened to that, but I’ll check it out.  Yeah I’m not making any claim here, just passing along what two different friends said to me this past week.  

One works in sports marketing at the TV Network that covers the Lions and it was his boss that told his team it’s the Bills on thanksgiving at noon.

The other has close ties to higher ups at SoFi and hooking them up with a suite and told them the Bills game is week 1.  

I know these people well, they are telling me the truth about what they were told. But that doesn’t mean their sources are accurate even though they seem credible.  Who knows, maybe their source heard it might be the Bills and jumped to conclusions or something.  

Either way, just passing on the rumor here only because I 100% trust the two friends who hit me up.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I haven’t listened to that, but I’ll check it out.  Yeah I’m not making any claim here, just passing along what two different friends said to me this past week.  

One works in sports marketing at the TV Network that covers the Lions and it was his boss that told his team it’s the Bills on thanksgiving at noon.

The other has close ties to higher ups at SoFi and hooking them up with a suite and told them the Bills game is week 1.  

I know these people well, they are telling me the truth about what they were told. But that doesn’t mean their sources are accurate even though they seem credible.  Who knows, maybe their source heard it might be the Bills and jumped to conclusions or something.  

Either way, just passing on the rumor here only because I 100% trust the two friends who hit me up.  

Yeah, appreciate you passing it along as always. I know you're posting it with a disclaimer. I may have confused Sal's words but I thought I heard him say North hinted at an 'either or' scenario. Doesn't mean it can't/won't be both or that your buddies were wrong. They may both be right yet. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

It makes sense for a multitude of reasons. They could market it as the Super Bowl that almost was. For a while I thought it would be Denver for sure after trading for Wilson, but the more I think about it he is no longer in the conversation for top 5 most exciting QBs in the league and Denver overall is kind of boring. Allen is the hottest QB in the game right now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It makes sense for a multitude of reasons. They could market it as the Super Bowl that almost was. For a while I thought it would be Denver for sure after trading for Wilson, but the more I think about it he is no longer in the conversation for top 5 most exciting QBs in the league and Denver overall is kind of boring. Allen is the hottest QB in the game right now.

And Von Miller returns to the city he spurned…..to go to Buffalo!  Thank you Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dan Patrick predicted Bills- Rams to open the season along with many local sports media here. I know it's not a done deal but I'm 90% sure it's happening. And tickets will be ridiculous. Probably be cheaper to fly to Buffalo to watch the Pats game then get tickets at SoFi.

Yep.  I’m prepared to pay up.  I’m not missing that game.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Yep.  I’m prepared to pay up.  I’m not missing that game.

I just immediately said yes to the Suite invite…but don’t know if I am supposed to chip in or not haha.  Hope not cuz that’s gonna be expensive AF if so, but they didn’t say anything about money.  They just said we should join them in the suite.  

I took my fiancé to the Rams vs Niners week 17 game.  First time at SoFi and had my friends season tickets.  Didn’t know where to park just followed WAZE in and wound up near the front lots near the big SoFi sign by ponds.  

They asked me if I had some colored parking pass and I said “No, but I have these season tickets, is there a place I’m no supposed to park?”  She said I had to get out of the line I had been in for 20 minutes, turn around and go back out a ways and then I can park in the $80 or the $120 tailgating lot.  

Mind you these lots were like 20 min walks from the stadium and $80-$120 to just freaking park!  I was like WTF we are gonna also miss part of the first quarter.  So I pulled forward and asked another guy how to get out, told him we were told to find a way out to those other lots.  He said, just park here (right In front of the stadium in those lots we didn’t have passes for), it’s cool.  So I said here take all the cash in my wallet which was like $26 to thank him.  

Moral of the story.  If you drive to SoFi bring some cash and probably bribe your way into one of the other closer lots for cheaper than the far away lots LMAO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ive actually heard this rumour and I am in a different hemisphere...

I will be really impressed if someone gets Week 2 right...

Ha yeah not exactly breaking news, the story here isn't so much the rumor, but the fact someone inside SoFi and someone inside a TV Network in Detroit have claimed to me these two games are now confirmed.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.