Mekhi Becton done as a Jet?

Captain Hindsight

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Broken kneecap.

I knew a guy that broke both knee caps after falling to the ground.  This was like 20 years ago and said that it never fully heals and will always have issues.

Now he didn't go to physical therapy or had top level Doctors/trainers like Becton will but I still think this is one of those bad injuries.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I knew a guy that broke both knee caps after falling to the ground.  This was like 20 years ago and said that it never fully heals and will always have issues.

Now he didn't go to physical therapy or had top level Doctors/trainers like Becton will but I still think this is one of those bad injuries.  

Yeah, it appears to be a career-ending injury.  Hopefully that's not the case with him.

48 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So this is hearsay but apparently one of the reasons they moved him to RT was to keep pressure off that knee...ie Jets medical staff were aware the knee could be a continuing issue.

Basically it sounds like they threw him out there before he should have been. 

Can't remember the guy, but about 2 years ago there was a guy getting fined for missing practice. His drs had confirmed an issue (maybe his back?) that was fairly obvious to the drs, and team drs had over ruled it basically saying take a shot and some opiates and get back out there, even though the team/private drs had a solid 3 week discrepancy.

I know I'm not totally doing the story justice, but it sounded redic at the time. Wouldn't shock me to see them hurrying someone again.

Why wait a few weeks to give a high 1st rider a chance to get long term healthy, when you need to rush him back for a 7-10 season at the expense of his long term health 🙄🙄

On 4/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Karlos probably has CTE due to how hard he played running back and safety.. seemed like he Antonio Brown'd in his own way

Becton is just a massive man who has always struggled keeping his weight off and went to a dumpster fire organization

Have to wonder if he even wants to reset his career and this is his way to getting out of a bad locker room setting.  Having no control over the draft process a player may know he can't succeed on a team like the Jets, but they have to at least show some ability for other teams to give him a 2nd chance.  If he gets released and gets back into shape and has some tryouts for other teams but of his choosing and he chooses wisely a good culture team where he can thrive then his strategy could be the right call.  Though that would be less likely than his lack of self control in diet and his fat bank account that can order an endless stream of junk to consume.

Edited by AuntieEm

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude, if his knee buckled as he got hit, he’s not going to have any strength on it.  The knee is not going to buckle being lifted off the ground after a hit, it gets buckled when the foot is stuck and turns but the knee is isolated.  

I'm not understanding how you are saying he obtained a fracture before getting hit?

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not understanding how you are saying he obtained a fracture before getting hit?

I'm not understanding how you think his knee cap fractured when he was hit up top.  Unless of course, I missed the part where something hard like a helmet hit his knee cap directly.

More than likely with a fractured knee cap in his case, it was the stress of the weight of his body and the knee cap couldn't handle it.  He dislocated it last year so it already had a pre-existing issue.

I know he's banked some money, but it's hard not to feel bad for this guy.  I'd think with his ongoing weight struggles, he's never going to see the field again.  And then, again, with those weight struggles, which are likely only to get much worse with another year spent off of his feet, he's looking at a very tough road/life ahead of him from a physical standpoint.

Seems as though we can answer this question "yes, in all likelihood" now and waste no further time on it.

Tough luck for the kid.  Was definitely highly touted coming out.  Sometimes the body doesn't cooperate.  Glad he made some money; if he's smart that will help him move to the next chapter of his life.

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Can't remember the guy, but about 2 years ago there was a guy getting fined for missing practice. His drs had confirmed an issue (maybe his back?) that was fairly obvious to the drs, and team drs had over ruled it basically saying take a shot and some opiates and get back out there, even though the team/private drs had a solid 3 week discrepancy.

You're thinking of Jets tackle Kelechi Osemele. It was a shoulder injury.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

He tweaked it earlier in team drills… Shook it off and kept practicing 

He obviously injured it when he tweaked it and then it finally gave away on that rap

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not understanding how you think his knee cap fractured when he was hit up top.  Unless of course, I missed the part where something hard like a helmet hit his knee cap directly.

More than likely with a fractured knee cap in his case, it was the stress of the weight of his body and the knee cap couldn't handle it.  He dislocated it last year so it already had a pre-existing issue.

He tweaked it in team drills… Kept practicing when It gave away on that rep

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If I understand it correctly it can chip after a dislocation against another bone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.