Mekhi Becton done as a Jet?

Captain Hindsight

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Jets definitely have the potential to be a really good team in the next couple of years. They have a couple of young guys on the OL with a lot of potential, mixed in with a couple of decent vets. They have Lawson, who looked like an up-and-coming star before the achilles injury, coming back. They drafted Jermaine Johnson, who has the potential to be a good/great pass rusher. They still have Quinnen Williams. Sauce has the potential to be a lock-down CB. Their LB group is meh, but if Mosley can stay healthy that will help a lot. They have a couple of young, potential stud RB's in Breece Hall and Michael Carter. They have a solid receiving group in Moore, Davis, and the recently drafted Garrett Wilson. They picked up CJ Uzomah, have Tyler Conklin, and added Jeremy Ruckert to the TE group. Everything still, just as with any other team, will hinge on the play of their QB. If the game slows down for Wilson, if he's improved reading defenses, and makes the right decisions with the football? They could be pushing for that 2nd spot in the AFCE this year, and a potential Playoff berth. Everything has to come together for Zach Wilson on the field though. 

I agree. I bold predicted them for 2nd in the division this year and I think that while they are definitely the most "boom or bust" team in the division when I look at it roster by roster and say "who has the potential to emerge as something of a rival to the Bills" the Jets have the best collection of young talent among the other three teams. Of course it comes down to what happens with Zach but his ceiling is higher than Tua and Mac for me. I still worry a bit about their ability to protect him given the Becton situation. AVT and Tomlinson should be a solid guard combo but I have never been a George Fant guy. Think he'd be somewhere near the bottom if you ranked all 32 starting left tackles. 

• Like (+1) 5

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the Jets, but have pulled for Becton because he's a central VA kid having gone to Highland Springs High School. Becton has all the talent and athleticism in the world, especially for a guy his size. But that's the problem, he is a guy his size playing a position that puts a lot of stress on the lower body. If he wants his football career to continue then he should probably get himself down to between 320-330lbs.

Edited by H2o

10 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Don’t know if he is done, but he is hurt again.  Knee buckled needs an MRI after the swelling goes down.

Even if healthy, how do you play a guy who is getting stood up that bad by the DE.  How does a guy that big get pancaked? 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Because if his knee did buckle, it doesn't matter if it was a 180 lbs corner.  The knee is gone and he has no base.

The guy took two steps and was so slow to get to his spot, the defender got the leverage and knocked him back.  He hurt his knee because he got pancaked.  He's too big and slow.

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The guy took two steps and was so slow to get to his spot, the defender got the leverage and knocked him back.  He hurt his knee because he got pancaked.  He's too big and slow.

Dude, if his knee buckled as he got hit, he’s not going to have any strength on it.  The knee is not going to buckle being lifted off the ground after a hit, it gets buckled when the foot is stuck and turns but the knee is isolated.  

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I'll feel bad for Becton but not the Jets. Eat all the crap, Jets. All of it. 

So this is hearsay but apparently one of the reasons they moved him to RT was to keep pressure off that knee...ie Jets medical staff were aware the knee could be a continuing issue.

Basically it sounds like they threw him out there before he should have been. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.