Mekhi Becton done as a Jet?

Captain Hindsight

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

One has to wonder how much of that is Becton on his own and how much is the Jets culture rubbing off on him. …

”I eat because I’m depressed. I’m depressed because I’m a Jet.” 😉 😂 

It's probably a bit of both 

he has massive talent and his weight has always been an issue... I thought he definitely needed a good culture locker room 

When I saw his name get called by the Jets I knew his career was ruined

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

A red flag for Becton coming out was that he was a lot more inconsistent than he should’ve been.  He dominated the competition physically, but regularly had WTF lapses.  That pointed to a player who relied on his gifts and didn’t put in the work to hone his craft.   The gap in physical talent was going to be a whole lot narrower in the NFL so that was going to be a problem if he didn’t change.  It looks like that lack of dedication extends to him staying in shape.  Wow. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Any relation to Karlos Williams? 😎

Karlos probably has CTE due to how hard he played running back and safety.. seemed like he Antonio Brown'd in his own way

Becton is just a massive man who has always struggled keeping his weight off and went to a dumpster fire organization

Edited by Buffalo716

It wouldn’t be a Jets press conference with a Mekhi Becton question. The Jets’ 2020 first-round pick continues to recover from a dislocated kneecap he suffered in Week 1 of last season, though he’s doing so with his trainers in Texas and won’t report to the team’s voluntary offseason workouts. Douglas didn’t appear too concerned about that choice, and he stressed that the team activities are voluntary.

“We’re on top of everything with him right now,” he said.

It should be noted that Becton’s girlfriend is pregnant with their first child, who is expected sometime this spring.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/?p=680552

kinda sad for the dude. i liked him as a prospect coming out, big boy could really move, fun to watch. sad to see a career spiral over eating problems. if you eat you way outta the NFL imagine what 2 years of not being a pro athlete will do to a guy. hope he gets it under control for his own sake

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He really did look like a stud coming out. If he's really that fat he's got serious issues. They're already so big they gotta eat alot to maintain their weight. Can't imagine eating in such a surplus that on top of being fat you put on 50lbs lol 

Its def from drinking/eating sugar or junk. Eating 3,000 clean cals even is hard and a FT job

Eating 3000 clean cals is child’s play, to maintain that weight and mass with what they SHOULD be doing is more like 7000 calories.  I put down 4000 cals a day at 205lbs, the linemen need a LOT more just to maintain, assuming they are working.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

Eating 3000 clean cals is child’s play, to maintain that weight and mass with what they SHOULD be doing is more like 7000 calories.  I put down 4000 cals a day at 205lbs, the linemen need a LOT more just to maintain, assuming they are working.

thats what i mean. 3k cals is a fairly normal amount, and id say most adult men cant eat 3k clean calories. this guy aint eating 7k cals of chicken rice and veggies. the floor at his passenger seat is likely corpses of McDs and Popeyes bags

10 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He really did look like a stud coming out. If he's really that fat he's got serious issues. They're already so big they gotta eat alot to maintain their weight. Can't imagine eating in such a surplus that on top of being fat you put on 50lbs lol 

Its def from drinking/eating sugar or junk. Eating 3,000 clean cals even is hard and a FT job

Yea he was good as a rookie but turned up in his second year overweight, got injured and apparently has fallen out with people in the building. 

I’d be more worried about the injuries than the weight. I’m pretty sure Saleh can hire the guy a chef and trainer to get him on a new routine. Look at Trent brown in New England. Lol guy gets paid literally just to get on a scale. “Hey Trent you’re under 370 pounds, here’s 250k” 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I know the Jets are our division rivals so I shouldn't ever root for their players to succeed, but...

If Mekhi Becton is truly done, what a shame. He has the talent to be a first ballot Hall of Famer. I hope he can fix whatever is ailing him and get back on track. Seeing a player with that much potential be gone after one season is just a terrible waste.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.